Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mass Effect Collector ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Mass Effect Collector ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mass Effect Collector ships - 11/9/2010 9:43:37 AM   
donttakemygunz

I'm working on a mod to create a collector fleet and a prawn fleet from Mass Effect and District 9 and i just finished the cruiser unfortunately the reference photos for these species are limited so I thought I would post my work here and ask for some help for ideas to round out the rest of the fleets. Any help you can give is welcome. If I can finish these fleets I'll start work on the rest of the mod witch will include the Covenant(Halo), the Tau Empire(Warhammer 40k), the Citadel species(Mass Effect) as well as the Volus, Krogen, and Quarians, who will also need there own fleet, the Protoss(Star Craft), and the Hutts(Star Wars).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Mass Effect Collector ships - 11/9/2010 9:46:58 AM   
donttakemygunz

Here's the Cruiser

Attachment (1)

(in reply to donttakemygunz)
Post #: 2
RE: Mass Effect Collector ships - 11/9/2010 2:03:07 PM   
Igard

Hi, donttakemyguz. Welcome to the forums.

It's hard to give advice to someone you don't know, but sounds like a very ambitious idea. So the best advice anyone could give is, take your time and enjoy it.

The collectors cruiser looks great. The only thing that I can see wrong with it, and it's minor, is the shadows. It's up to you if you want shadows across parts of the ship, it looks nice standing still, but when the ship turns it can look wrong.

Make good use of copy and paste. You can move parts of ships around and generally make them look different.

Make good use of layers. Take part of a ship and change its colour, rescale, rotate, flip it.

These things can go a long way to creating a full fleet of ships.

Hope some of this was helpful.

(in reply to donttakemygunz)
Post #: 3
RE: Mass Effect Collector ships - 11/11/2010 4:32:50 AM   
tjhkkr

Like the cruiser so far.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 4
RE: Mass Effect Collector ships - 11/17/2010 10:49:30 PM   
DracoRedux

I first saw this post before I joined the forums. I really like the collector ship. I am not sure how you would go about making a fleet of collector ships. I have only ever seen the cruiser and space station. There are no ME canonical critics here though, lol. Great work.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
RE: Mass Effect Collector ships - 12/6/2010 11:54:59 PM   
donttakemygunz

Well its been a wile since my last post and i haven't made much progress. I have some ideas about the rest of the collector fleet, but I just don't have much time to work on this stuff right now. I have been able to make some ships for the Prawn fleet...but there is a problem there too since my copy of distant worlds seems to be broken somehow. anyways here are the prawn ships if someone wants to test them and let me know if they work or not that would be appreciated. Hopefully ill be able to make some more progress soon.

Here's a preview of some of the ships

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#0,1

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DracoRedux)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Mass Effect Collector ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI