Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 3/17/2011 5:06:27 AM   
alaric318

best greetings for all,

War In The East - Matrix Games - Alarick 42+43 Scenario Pack - WITE Version 1.06...
best greetings,
overall scenario/s background... mainly designed for my own pleasure, i just find fine and right to share them with the users to give ideas for scenarios, what if and so on, i cannot make a real stand on the argument for a historical setting of these scenarios, given the increase in the Greater Germany Army's Redeployment and -Huge- redesign (much more combat strenght, for both scenarios).

the only doable argument is that hitler and both, OverKommando West and East (OKW/OKH) just throw much more war effort to the russian front, avoiding complete at all contact with western allies and getting rid at all of the submarine war, and making from Kiel on north germany and from conquered Denmark, an extensive (and much more cheap) sea-minefield deployment, for the 1943 scenario another thing on it, is the what if of an early evacuation of continental afrika, allowing the core of the afrika korps as his field marshall, Erwing Rommel free to send to Russia, making (43 Scenario) a fresh extra panzer armee.
All submarine war effort assets go to making available more (fueled/supplied) motorized and mechanized forces, in the form of (42 scenario) of two extra panzer groups for a total of six of them (04 sector north, and 02 in the group south).

the molotov-ribbentrob pact is disregarded by hitler, making (42 campaign re-deployment) extra terrain available for the war on Russia, german formations start just near of Minsk, in the south, i given some of the Lvov salient cities and light urban cities to the germans, so, the -previous- bug with the finland surrender has been taken out (thanks to some read on the forums, speaking about the rule, [axis control of 3+ cities in 1942 offset of Findland surrender]).
Stalin too have some reinforcements, for 7 armies, with 3 to 4 infantry corps and 1 armor corps each command group, them start in reserve, so, the "where" and "when" commitment of these units is up to the soviet player (them are not scripted for the AI, as all extra germans formations on both scenarios, if some player/modder want to do it, feel free, well, to do whatever you want with the scenario, in fact, for truth, it will be a great honor if some modder want to make public some own version of these scenario/s).

Overall Balance Changes...
All withdraws are being removed, featuring the extra supplies from the no-done submarine war and some extra garrison units commitment from the german high command to the defeat of Russia.
All Starting Fortifications have too been removed, this allow some first turn surprises (for both sides in the 43 scenario), if you dislike it, you can off-set it simply by giving a increase in the side you want to morale and/or fortification bonus, that will not remove the first turn surprise attacks, but will setup a defined front in some turns, the morale bonus will make also more dangerous for both sides to attack in turn 01, as morale/experience is a big/critical factor in combat, and the attacker can take some big casualties in some battles.
German administrative per turn is 70, and soviet is 100, so, the Administrative Bonus the player can give to the Soviets will be exactly the Admin. Points this side will take per turn.
-------
My Own Settings... i find right to give a paragraph to this, in virtue the fact that these scenarios are designed for the settings i are to say here, i, almost in all my War In The East previous games played, dont give penalties to any of both sides, just give some bonus to one side and some extra bonus to the other side, in example, instead of 80 german morale and 120 soviet morale for a overall [ Soviet +40 ] i will give 130 to the germans (taking the morale derived checks bonuses in effect) and 150 to 170 to the Soviet (well 170 is too much in almost all scenarios), same for logistics, in example, think about giving 210 to germany and 250 to Russia, still is at +40 but the german army takes not penalty in his logistic net system, just, going forward with the given example, 150 soviet morale and 250 soviet logistics, will make sooner and better the soviet army, but the german bonus will do his work making the german army great in off-set attrition and to recover from combat stress.
(think i are speaking of a challenging scenario for the german army, around 40% or 35% victory capabilities)
-------
previous scenarios... in all previous scenarios my german infantry start at 14 fixed along all the front Combat Value, now, it is at 11, so, if the germans still want to allow a big commitment of his infantry, the infantry will, 1a take more combat casualties (lower morale+experience) and 1b recover in more time than before to combat capabilities.

1942 starting set notes... this scenario is my final version for the what if (sinergyc with the no-done submarine warfare war) that germany paused the invasion to allow more and better troops in his ranks, so we can name it as a 1942 barbarossa, or late invasion of the Soviet Union.
1943 extra notes... there are one extra panzergrenadier korp, and the 5th german panzer armee, with the core of the afrika korps (15th and 21st Panzer Divisions) and some more units of extra recruitment and training from some garrisons along all of conquered europe. [ the soviet setup is almost as the stock scenario ]

in the 1943 scenario just the germans giving siege to leningrad (northern sector and southern sector, east of Sevastopol, kuban peninsula dont have the extra streght of all other units) in fact, those two points can give some extra problems to the german in short/middle term time schedule, specially if some bonus are set. on the other hand, i go "one step forward" from the very good and more historical mod, by User : Red Lancer, Modder, thanks to him i retake the idea to make a 1943 campaign for this awesome game, so, on the other hand, aside the germans have powerfull panzer/armor reserves and can set for some limited attacks/offensives, they can conduct a very dangerous defensive strategy war, in fact, the 1943 scenario is set to just only 100 turns, this will give Russia high pressure to go on the offensive as soon as possible, making in effect the historical late war "sprint to take berlin" done from the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. (again, feel free to change it in the editor and set for historical end dates)
-------
starting date for both scenarios... (i hope it will not make trouble on the theater's forces setup for the 43 scenario),
the starting date is, for both scenarios, exactly day 05 of june of years 1942/1943, first turn is clear, then a mud turn, but the player will have his first summer turn in the 19 of june, on purpose, this will go for 09 october, (Hardcoded as Clear wheater), so, there are one extra mud turn, but, overall, it nets two extra clear turns that can be critical to take some extra victory objetive/s for the germans.
-------
Disclaimer... i will not name these scenarios as beta, as all work for making them ready to play are done, but, i can name them as playtest versions, as them still are not given playtest, i just hope some bug with my setting in dates don't comes out.
thanks to matrix games for the game engine and the dedicated support, thanks to the forumer that spoke about the rule about Finland surrender, and thanks to Red Lancer for his mod.
War In The East - Version 1.06.
Scenarios working and ready at day 17 march 2011.
have my best regards, please excuse any of my bad english language problems and good luck and have fun if you want to play these scenarios.

Murat30/Alarick.

install to /War In The East/Dat/Scen Directory, (there are a readme with this information into the .Zip file, just cut it out of the /scen directory.

Download Link (Around 03 Mb. , but i dont was wanting to make two separate downloads)... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1BBZ0SAK

There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Post #: 1
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 3/18/2011 8:58:28 AM   
gnrss

thank you for your effort.these are very amazing scens.

(in reply to alaric318)
Post #: 2
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 3/18/2011 2:19:23 PM   
Josh

Well indeed, I guess he never sleeps, working on AT/ATG *and* WitE at the same time... how do you do that?

(in reply to gnrss)
Post #: 3
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 3/19/2011 8:43:03 PM   
alaric318

best greetings, i like this game very much, not much real wargame/s nowadays are released and i was wanting to make a good campaign barbarossa scenario without 41' winter and a 43 scenario really challenging for the soviet army of 43, this game deserves some good scenarios, at my point of view, good, of course, as some may do better scenarios, i hope you all enjoy playing these scenarios, i are starting the 42 campaign game and see how far i can reach before winter sets,

best regards and have good gaming,

Murat30/Alarick.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 4/27/2011 11:59:07 AM   
alaric318

best regards, all, sending topic to first place and i apologize for the topic that goes to send to second page, my latest upgrade just for info, is making all brigade types to upgrade automatic to soviet union divisions (rifle division 42a ToE, available from start in the scenario), that, with the extra AI opponent rifle brigades can setup a upgraded infantry soviet army early and may make trouble on the german attack, i make a play on the 42 scenario, late barbarossa of this pack, is working well, but may be boring for the soviet in the begining, i just want to give some info on that, aside i are not making that public, with the generic data -ToE- changes, that can screw people install, making it in effect for -All- scenarios, and not just my scenarios,

have best regards, and i hope you enjoy the scenarios if you decide to play them,

with regards, Alarick.

(in reply to alaric318)
Post #: 5
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 4/29/2011 2:59:09 AM   
Rosseau

Thanks Murat. I will upgrade these. And I will play them one day!

(in reply to alaric318)
Post #: 6
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 4/29/2011 3:05:06 AM   
bcgames

Murat30,

I truly appreciate the amount of work you have put into this; it is no small deal. Thank-you for your efforts!

Now all I need is the time to play.

v/r

bcg

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 7
RE: Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack - 4/29/2011 9:33:29 AM   
alaric318

quote:

ORIGINAL: bcgames

Murat30,

I truly appreciate the amount of work you have put into this; it is no small deal. Thank-you for your efforts!

Now all I need is the time to play.

v/r

bcg

best greetings and thanks you, i hope you enjoy the scenario/s, time issue is the only issue making me also away from the 43 scenario and how it works, i played just the first turn as german vs soviet AI but the AI turn takes just too much time, on the other hand i play a full summer late 42 barbarossa scenario for 17 turns and it develops as intended,

have my best regards,

Murat30.

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Alaric Barbarossa 42 & 1943 Campaign Scenario Pack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI