Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are You Ready?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Are You Ready? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are You Ready? - 12/27/2000 11:24:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Look for the newest campaign coming out within the next few days. It is "The Victors," a hypothetical confrontation of the USSR against the US as the Soviets stream across the Elbe River, firing as they come, in an attempt to gobble up all of Germany and perhaps all of Western Europe. US forces of General Hodge's First Army feel the brunt of the blow and react promptly. You'll be fighting from 5-7 battles based on your skill, luck and bravado as a US TF commander. Rick Cloutier and Fabrio Prado will be posting this one for easier access. I'll be keeping you posted via this thread as we prepare to put you into World War II, Part II. Oh, and we are still looking forward to seeing the campaigns you guys are working on to come out soon. Bring 'em on, guys! We are hungry for war! Stand by...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 12/27/2000 11:36:00 AM   
Huffy

Sounds great Bill....but you know , I've heard different stories of things like this really happening..don't know for sure...but ? Take care... Huffy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 12/27/2000 7:46:00 PM   
Dave_R

Oh Bugger Bill! And there I was letting my poor nerves start to settle down after getting to grips with Watchword freedom. My chindits campaign will be a good couple of month away yet, though if there's a couple of you guys who wouldn't mind doing some play testing of individual scenarios I'd realy appreciate it!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 12/27/2000 9:00:00 PM   
lnp4668

As ready as can be WB. The break over Christmas gave me time to finish Prepare the Way, and the 9 or 10th battle of U2R. The only campaign left that I have not touch is Tulagi. Can't wait to fight post WW2 battles.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 12/27/2000 9:25:00 PM   
David F. Wall

I don't know if this is much of a progress report, but the first five battles of Operation Sea Lion are designed. I just began working on the map for a sixth last night, and a seventh is going to use a map Drake designed, so that ought to go pretty quickly. I don't know if anyone else is going to think my fight for Dover is as cool as I do, but there's a joy in this activity that takes me back to the days of green plastic soldiers. My other responsibilities don't allow a lot of time for it, but when they do... DFW

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 12/27/2000 9:49:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Sounds like we are indeed on a roll, gentlemen! Chindits and Sea Lion, plus others that I know are being done. And with the advent of SPMW, we'll have some of those modern campaigns. They are indeed a lot of fun! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 12/28/2000 5:03:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Fabio and Rick are getting the sites ready for this new campaign. Anytime now...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 12/28/2000 5:33:00 AM   
Securitas

WB, you scare me. How come you can make campaigns faster than I can finish them? Well done! Keep up the good work. I know they are a lot of effort. I make scenarios and they take a huge amount of time to do, especially when you make your own maps, but campaigns....I shudder at the time involved. Cheers! ------------------ Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 12/28/2000 7:43:00 AM   
Dave_R

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Sounds like we are indeed on a roll, gentlemen! Chindits and Sea Lion, plus others that I know are being done. And with the advent of SPMW, we'll have some of those modern campaigns. They are indeed a lot of fun! Bill you might be able to answer this. I asked on the SPM site but got no reply. Will maps built with the SPW@W game be usable with SPM. I've got some wonderful data fora a Falklands war Campaign, and we'll knowing how my time is going, it'd be usefull to be able to start on the maps now! Wild Bill

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 12/28/2000 7:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Yes, they will, Dave. We are planning on using the same basic game engine for SPMW so the maps should be completely compatible. And if not, good old Fred Chlanda will make us a map editor that will convert them. Fred loves the challenge and responds well to it. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 12/28/2000 7:54:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You are quite right, Securitas, my friend. When I finished the 23 scenarios for Utah to the Rhine, I was exhausted mentally. It took over two months to do that one. The Victors will probably be the last one from me for a while. Other commitments of upcoming things from Matrix will increasingly lessen the amount of time I have to do these. But you know me. I've been bitten by the "bug" like you have, so I'll be doing a few more, just not as in rapid succesion. And others will be finishing their campaigns so there will be plenty of fighting to do. Thanks for the encouragement! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 12/28/2000 8:52:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

When Bill makes 'em - he makes 'em good! As for the Stalingrad Campaign the Arsenal Team is working on: We hope to have the Stalingrad Campaign up next month if all goes well! You'll begin on July 29, 1942 entering as reinforcements for Operation Blau. First, You'll battle all the way to Stalingrad! What you'll experience-the Tank battles of July 29, the taking of a town on the road to Stalingrad, Holding back the Russains as they attempt to break out of the Don Bend, then on to Gumrak and learn how those woman manned flak guns fight, Next hold the corridoor open against Russain Lend Lease tanks, that's only the begining! Next is Stalingrad where you'll lead the attack on Mamayev Kurgan Hill on 9-14-42, reinforce the attack on Train Station Number one, mop up at the Grain Silo! The Tractor Factory, and Red Barricades awaits! and if you don't have a 1000 yard stare by then - wait till the Russain Counter Blow: lose here - go to Stalingrad - win - you survive to fight more battles at incredible odds! Marauder Mel ------------------ MarauderMel

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 12/28/2000 8:56:00 AM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

quote:

Originally posted by Dave_R: My chindits campaign will be a good couple of month away yet, though if there's a couple of you guys who wouldn't mind doing some play testing of individual scenarios I'd realy appreciate it![/B]
Hello Dave, I've always had a soft spot for jungle battles, so I'll offer myself as a tester if you need me. Regards, Christophe

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 12/28/2000 9:16:00 AM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

Well, I'll go out on a limb here... I am planning a campaign on the Battle for France May/June 1940, playing on the French side. I have assembled most of my sources: "France 1940" from Osprey (used it as an overview), "To Lose a Battle" from Allistair Horne and I will receive soon "60 jours qui ébranlèrent l'Occident" from Benoist-Méchin. As for the maps, I have ordered them from the Institut Géographique National at a scale of 1/10000 (Belgian maps) and 1/25000(French maps). I have made a preliminary storyboard of the campaign, but I will probably make some more adjustments. In essence, the player will be in the shoes of a French reservist captain (at first), Batallion XO and commanding B company of the 1/295th Rgt. This Regiment is part of the 55th Inf Division, a "B" class division composed of "crododiles" (reservists between the age of 35 and 45). The campaign will have a very strong historical background, which means that the player will have to deal with the limitations of the French army during this campaign. As the campaign will bring you through a number of critical battles, you will be able to explore some interesting historical "What-If's?". I am just finishing my first scenario for SPWAW (not related to this campaign), which enabled me to learn the ropes, so I estimate the campaign could be ready for April. Best Regards, Christophe

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 12/28/2000 9:26:00 AM   
Warrior

WOW! Everything on the menu sounds great, I'm licking my chops in anticipation!

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 12/28/2000 9:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Marauder Mel! Coming from an old pro like you, that is a very nice comment. Stalingrad sounds great. Here's hoping you can do a remake of the Crete campaign. I am so glad to see all of these campaigns being worked on. My congratulations to all of you. Hang in there. Quite an impressive list... Chindits Sea Lion France 1940 Stalingrad Arnhem (Jess?) And we already have Tulagi, Utah to the Rhine, Heroes of the Motherland, Watchword Freedom and the upcoming Victors. That's 10 campaigns in less than a year, plus the three done for the earlier version. Looks good for SPWAW and gamers. Way to go, guys! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 12/28/2000 10:18:00 AM   
Securitas

I really look forward to a Stalingrad campaign. Crete sounds really good too. And the France 1940 campaign is something that I should try my hand at, as I rarely look at that period of the war, yet it was so crucial for the early German successes. ------------------ Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 12/28/2000 11:22:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Any others in the works out there that I have not mentioned? William Rusco (author of the Tulagi campaign) was talking of doing another on Guadalcanal. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Are You Ready? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI