Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question for Gary Skaar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> A question for Gary Skaar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question for Gary Skaar - 6/29/2011 2:35:58 AM   
macgregor

I tried the email address from the 'War in the West' scenario info, but it was returned. Our teamplay game is at turn 30. France, Norway, and Denmark have become playable. My troops for weserbung won't arrive until next turn. Should I assume I'll have a theater option then, or can I invade Denmark now? Time is of the essence and I want to move on Denmark yesterday. There is nothing in the 'ground rules' that says I can't. If anyone is familiar with this situation, please chime in. I'll give this post an hour or two, and then the trucks start rolling.
Post #: 1
RE: A question for Gary Skaar - 6/29/2011 10:29:52 AM   
samba_liten

As far as i can remember the color code of the units define where they can be used. Also, units from i.e the Polish campaign will be withdrawn after the end of the campaign, and re-appear in a new color code showing their next assignment.

السلام عليكم

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 2
RE: A question for Gary Skaar - 6/29/2011 2:34:10 PM   
macgregor

That is all true, and what I take from that is that I cannot attack with any units designated for 'Fall Gelb'. However, what I can't explain is the significance of the activation of Denmark and Norway if I'm not allowed to attack with permanent units at least.

(in reply to samba_liten)
Post #: 3
RE: A question for Gary Skaar - 6/29/2011 2:59:32 PM   
sPzAbt653

I glanced at the briefing and it does list a different color scheme for Scandanavia, so it looks like we can assume that you will get a TO for activation, unless these activations are hardwired (I haven't looked at the scenario).

•Poland offensive: Black and white over grey.
•Scandinavian offensive: Grey and black over grey.
•French offensive: Purple and white over grey.
•Balkans offensive: White and blue over grey.

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 4
RE: A question for Gary Skaar - 6/29/2011 4:59:10 PM   
macgregor

Thanks for the responses. As it turns out, there were no Danish or Norwegian units on the map yet. So I've decided to restart the turn and wait.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> A question for Gary Skaar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI