Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistical nOOb question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Logistical nOOb question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistical nOOb question - 1/29/2011 9:11:12 PM   
T_Patch

Just bought the game and love it! Once I get the gazillion ship designations as to what ship ttransports what material, and who resupplies and repairs what, I will be set! LOL AK,AV,TK....the list is endless lol

My questions is, for resupply (such as sub tenders, destroyer tenders, et.al.), the manual says they have to be in the same hex to resupply. Do they have to be at sea in the same hex...docked...undocked....disbanded...???)

Same question for oilers, ammo ships, repair.....

Humor me by answering same questions regarding ships away from port and at sea. Do they have to go back to poer to get this or can they get it done at sea? Do the repair, resupply ships merely go to the same hex or do I have to join them to the TF, click unload supplies, or what?

Thank you for your patience.
Post #: 1
RE: Logistical nOOb question - 1/29/2011 9:32:48 PM   
Oldguard1970

Hello T-Patch,

Ships in task forces at sea or in port can "refuel at sea". This takes fuel from other ships and restocks the ships in the actvie TF. Oilers do this best and use fuel from their load rather than from their own bunkers. You can also "refuel from port" if you are in a port. I think you can do that while disbanded as well.

Other resupply, (torpedoes, ammo ), must be done in a supplied port of proper size. Use "refuel from port". AE ammo ships can supply certain ammo classes at sea in the late stages of the war.

Repair ships work in port, supplied, and disbanded.

Have fun with the game!

"Rangers Lead the Way!"

(in reply to T_Patch)
Post #: 2
RE: Logistical nOOb question - 1/30/2011 4:20:04 AM   
T_Patch

Many thanks OldGuard. The learning curve will be less daunting now.

(in reply to Oldguard1970)
Post #: 3
RE: Logistical nOOb question - 3/8/2011 4:40:25 PM   
Zemke

T_Patch,
Just wondering why you bought this game instead of the newer Admiral's Edtion?  IMO the upside of AE or origianl WitP more than out weights any down side.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to T_Patch)
Post #: 4
RE: Logistical nOOb question - 6/30/2011 10:15:18 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

T_Patch,
Just wondering why you bought this game instead of the newer Admiral's Edtion?  IMO the upside of AE or origianl WitP more than out weights any down side.

I have both WITP:AE and WITP and I decided that I prefer WITP after playing both.
Added stuff in WITP:AE are too hardcore for me as if WITP wasn't hardcore already.

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Logistical nOOb question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI