Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"American Experience:Battle of the Bulge"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> "American Experience:Battle of the Bulge" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"American Experience:Battle of the Bulge" - 4/27/2003 2:46:52 AM   
KG Erwin

I just watched the PBS video, and I'll say that this is one of the best documentaries of that battle, or any other battle, that has ever been produced. The primary focus is on the effects the experience of war and this particular campaign had on the American soldier. The interviews and the narration by David McCullough make this a masterpiece of documentary storytelling. I also appreciate the focus on the worst part of the campaign, which was not the initial German breakthrough and containment of the bulge, but the US and British offensive to drive the Germans back to their start line. For fans of the Bulge Campaign, the European Theater, or WWII in general, this is recommended viewing. Check with your local library, and if they don't have it, urge them to get this video. As a personal note, I'm grateful that the Kanawha County Library in Charleston WV has an impressive selection of documentary videos and DVDs relating to military history and history in general. My office is located two blocks away, so I'm a frequent visitor of this library during my lunch hour.
Post #: 1
- 4/27/2003 10:26:00 PM   
jzpops

Thanks for the review.

Many of my relatives were at the Bulge (five total, I think), so it'll be nice to watch this.

I suppose I should have seen this on tv the first time :o , but I've been watching less and less tv these days. History and politics (and what we label "entertainment") can be so repetitive ;) .

"I'm tired of hearing what Lee is doing to us. Start thinking of what you are going to do to him."

4 out of five comedians agree: pun fallout is 10 times more toxic than plutonium.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> "American Experience:Battle of the Bulge" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI