Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rail repair distance.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Rail repair distance. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 1:12:59 AM   
Peltonx

You can still get more hexes then you should. Only a few hexes here and there probably not worht the pain in the butt to fix, but they are there still.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Post #: 1
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 2:47:16 AM   
Joel Billings

I have an AI vs AI save one hex further along at the start of the turn and can see that you can get 6 hexes from the nearest rail hex even though not along the rail (it's 6 as the crow flies). I see that Michael T has a post that shows a case where rail repair is not allowed within 4 hexes as the crow flies, but 4 hexes have already been repaired along the line. I don't know exactly how it is programmed, but it does seem like there are some quirks with the system and I can see the manual isn't clear whether the hex limit is as the crow flies or along the rail line. I'll see if I can get an answer as to what it's supposed to be.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 2
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 4:11:01 AM   
Denniss

It probably depends on the rail interconnection - the display on-map (going through Kaunas) may not be equal to the internal/hidden rail interconnect.

WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 6:30:37 AM   
Joel Billings

The rail hexsides are shown in the rollover text, so you can make sure the artwork is correct as far as where the rail lines should be.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 7:13:12 AM   
Michael T

I know I flogging a dead horse but please give a one hex bonus for doubled up rail.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 10:28:23 AM   
Peltonx

It would be nice to have an extra hex, but still under the current system Leningrad is a given.
Moscow is easly withen reach if your playing a lesser exp player. Supply is not the issue. Its the tempo, unless you chain HQ, but even then you can only get so far.

Instead of VPing out the first yr it takes 2 now. Which is more or less what was historically possible.

The only area it "hurts" is the AGS area as with the current withdrawal tactic used by SHC GHC out runs the railheads withen 4 turns IF German players do not do rail repair from Romania. If you double up out of Romanian you stay close until turn 7 and in some cases vs more forward fighting SHC players your just withen good supply distance most of the summer.

It was fun for us forsing SHC to run up the white flag as many times as we both have in the past in 1941, but probably not historical. It also got kinda boring for me atleast.

Once 1.05 came out I have had only 1 person quit in 1941 all the rest of the games are into 1942 and 1.06 his not hurt any of my current game's for me anyways and the SHC players can get hot fit Ap's.

2by3 has atleast moved the time frame from 1941 out into atleast 1942 vs inexp players and gamers for us.

As I have stated the game is always getting better every patch over-all. There is always a few things each patch that set some area back, but over all each patch moves the game forward.

Pelton

< Message edited by Pelton -- 2/13/2012 10:30:57 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 6
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 1:08:13 PM   
mmarquo

I beleive that 4 hexes conversion/rr/turn is WAD under the latest patches.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 7
RE: Rail repair distance. - 2/13/2012 6:19:56 PM   
Joel Billings

In the other forum thread about rail repair I just wrote:

Gary has confirmed that the last time he worked on rail repair (looks like back in November 2011 by the readme), the code was set up to try to trace down the rail line. In this case it appears to be working as designed, although the rule could be written better to make it clear it is supposed to be 4 hexes down the rail line and not as the crow flies).

In this case, it appears not to be limiting to 6 hexes along the rail in the Baltic zone but going by as the crow flies. I have an AI save on turn 3 where the rail line is one hex further (it has reached Kaunas). I tried several ways of advancing north in the zone using 2 FBD units and could never get more than 6 hexes down the rail line, even if it was within 6 as the crow flies. I could repair the 5 hexes toward Vilnius, and then Vilnius itself, even though it is not directly along the rail, but could not repair any more (but the other hexes are outside the Baltic zone). I can not explain how you could repair 7 hexes in this case since I could not do it going north. Even with a pre save, which I assume you don't have as this is probably Multiplayer, it is probably not worth fixing as the odds of a worse bug makes too dangerous and too time consuming. We may just have to accept this as the Vilnius Wormhole bug.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Rail repair distance. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI