Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Badda boom

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Badda boom Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Badda boom - 2/22/2012 4:13:41 AM   
LiquidSky

Hmm...I built a bunch of Destroyers armed with the Devestation, not realizing it was an area weapon, which begs a few questions...

When this wpn fires, it sends out a large circle of death. Do my military ships get hit by it? I notice that it doesnt effect the enemy fighters...does that mean my fighters will be immune, making this the perfect weapon for a Battlestar?

I am going to use my Destroyers to serially enter the enemy system..when he leaps on it with all his ships, hopefully I will be taking big chunks out of him

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Post #: 1
RE: Badda boom - 2/22/2012 10:39:21 AM   
feygan

All area weapons effect your ships as well as enemy and ally ships. I haven't noticed them not effecting fighters before so either its a bug or glitch, but they should be hit as it's simply a wave of energy that flys in all directions.

As to sending in lone ships, if you do that then control each ship manually once it arrives. I tried exactly the same thing before sending a long line of devestator equipped vessels to arrive in succession to sofen a system for conquest. What I actually got was the ship firing maybe once before being blown to hell as it simply did not fire again before death, yet when I clicked it to attack it would get off 3-4 shots before death. All this meant a massive drain on my economy for very little tactical gain. I ended up just building a large fleet of vessels instead, gave them their orders and left them to it.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Badda boom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI