Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Specific question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Some Specific question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Specific question - 6/1/2012 1:16:39 PM   
Sparviero

Hello all! I start to play this game some days ago...and it's just amazing!
I have some question, can you help me?

1)I see the ship's component "manufacters" and i undestand they are use to build. If i create a ship design with more "manufacters", this ship will be able to build faster ?

2) I see i can build base in the deepspace ( outside stellar system ). If i make one, how can enemies find it?

EDIT

3) In one of my colonies, a luxury resources run out...but then it comes back? I read in the galactopedia that resources replenish themselves....
More question soon :D

< Message edited by Sparviero -- 6/1/2012 2:29:48 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some Specific question - 6/1/2012 2:37:57 PM   
Data

Hi Sparviero and welcome to the community.

1) These things take the raw resources and make ship components from them so having more does not speed up a component construction but allows you to build more at the same time. Even so, only one construction yard will actually build the ship so you will need to wait for it to actually put all the components together.
I've made some tests a while back and came to the conclusion that having more manufacturers does not help much so I leave the design as it is in this respect.

2) Via sensors :)

3) Either the resource is native to the planet in which case the planet will mine it and it will replenish naturally or it is not native to the planet in which case monitor the freighters, they will bring more from other planets.

Keep them coming ;)

< Message edited by Data -- 6/1/2012 2:42:00 PM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Sparviero)
Post #: 2
RE: Some Specific question - 6/1/2012 6:02:41 PM   
Sparviero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

Hi Sparviero and welcome to the community.

1) These things take the raw resources and make ship components from them so having more does not speed up a component construction but allows you to build more at the same time. Even so, only one construction yard will actually build the ship so you will need to wait for it to actually put all the components together.
I've made some tests a while back and came to the conclusion that having more manufacturers does not help much so I leave the design as it is in this respect.

2) Via sensors :)

3) Either the resource is native to the planet in which case the planet will mine it and it will replenish naturally or it is not native to the planet in which case monitor the freighters, they will bring more from other planets.

Keep them coming ;)

Thank you a lot! :D

2) Is there anyway to hide base and ship from sensor?

3) I think he is ( was ? ) native of the planet. The game warning me "Wine something on Colonia run out! We have to find another location with this resources!" This is a bit scary XD

4) My cost of maintenance continue to increase...( not because i build something new...)...don't i build enough mining base? Does materials price increase because increases the demand?

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Some Specific question - 6/1/2012 8:29:17 PM   
Data

2) iirc no, as long as a ship with sensors passes by it it will be detected. Haven't played the game in a while so a cloacking component may have been added but afaik it hasn't.

4) yes, maintenance prices are dependend on the underlying resources used. Monitor the expansion planner to see the prices going up or down depending on supply and demand. This is based on the galactic supply and demand, not yours alone; as long as everybody has what it needs the prices will go down and so will the maintenance.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Sparviero)
Post #: 4
RE: Some Specific question - 6/2/2012 1:14:37 AM   
Sparviero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

2) iirc no, as long as a ship with sensors passes by it it will be detected. Haven't played the game in a while so a cloacking component may have been added but afaik it hasn't.

4) yes, maintenance prices are dependend on the underlying resources used. Monitor the expansion planner to see the prices going up or down depending on supply and demand. This is based on the galactic supply and demand, not yours alone; as long as everybody has what it needs the prices will go down and so will the maintenance.

Thank again!

4) My maintenance keep going up...can't do anything!

5)can i get new character when i want ?

6) How works private trade? Do spaceports increase it? are there other ways?

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Some Specific question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI