Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"A tribute to Lawrence of Arabia"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> "A tribute to Lawrence of Arabia" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"A tribute to Lawrence of Arabia" - 11/25/2002 5:41:01 PM   
CatLord

Hi all,

this is my first scenario ever, so be indulgent please.

If a couple of people could test it to help me improve it, I'll be glad. I am not sure it is possible to avoid a draw for the moment, how could I improve that without putting much more units on the map (something I'd like to avoid) ?

The AI being very dumb, I am not sure it will work in solo play.

Also, something I have not resolved:

How could you use Tetrach as a real Airborne tank ?

The only way I have found how to use it is to put it in Glider, but I would like to see it dropping from a plane with a small parachute. :cool:

Enjoy (I hope),

Cat Lord

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
- 11/25/2002 7:04:41 PM   
CatLord

Thanks first replies from other people on the french SPWaW list (http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/SPWAW):

- The tetrachs were design for gliders, so it is not a flaw in the game nor in my scenario. That's great :cool: . Let's say this scenario is a first early use of them before large scale operations ;)

- The VPs should work fine.

- I have not given waypoints to the AI (waypoint ? what are waypoint ?), that may be why it is so passive. Well, I designed it for PBEM, so no big deal, I could try to improve that later, with other things coming from your comment.

Cheers,

Cat

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 2
- 11/25/2002 7:38:00 PM   
CatLord

For those who are interested by Armoured train,

a web site (in English):

http://www.railwaygun.co.uk/

and a book (in French):

LES TRAINS BLINDÉS, 1826-1989. Paul Malmassari.
<< If you are interested in armored trains, this is the very last and only book you will ever need to purchase. All trains, all nations, all eras are covered. French text. HB/LF/OP, 800 photos each worth a thousand words in any language, 382p. $ 128 >> (Quote from "World War II Books & Videos" - http://www.sonic.net/~bstone/blitzbooks/weapons.html )

Cat

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 3
I liked it - 11/26/2002 7:23:24 AM   
ThomasBELL123

I thought, around turn 25, that i might start winning, but you are right it was a draw.

I prefer short, 10 to 18 turns, but I have to admit, it was a challenge.

Keep em coming.

Thanks.

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 4
- 11/26/2002 5:10:37 PM   
CatLord

I managed a decisive victory with the British but only a marginal victory with the Germans (knowing where the Brits were !).

The AI plays the Brits much better than the Germans so far.

I'll try to improve it (I mean, make the AI play better by introducing way point).

Thanks for testing :cool:

Cat

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 5
- 12/5/2002 11:22:10 PM   
CatLord

Hi guys,

I have prepared a second version of this scenario thanks to the comments of ThomasBELL123 here and SteelGun on the French list.

The update is much shorter (20 turns only), with Germans reinforcements coming earlier, and waypoints for the AI (both sides), so it is more challenging.

But I noticed this one has been downloaded 32 times (Woohoo ! :D ), so I would like to know if others have comments/corrections before publishing the second version (or even if people are currently playing it by PBEM).

Cheers,

Cat

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> "A tribute to Lawrence of Arabia" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI