Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hide smoke?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Hide smoke? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 5:22:09 PM   
BootyJoe

Just got PZO on the summer sale and love it. I checked the hotkey list but cannot find anyway of hiding smoke. I really think such a function would be useful. In close combat in buildings you often have a lot of smoke around, put down as preparation for close combat, and it is impossible to see my own units - not to mention the enemy 5 m away from my fellows! Is there anyway of temporary hiding smoke? A second remark is the absence of a "hunt" command - ordering a unit to move but stop and engage as soon as contact is made and then continue moving - I really miss that kind of order. But I guess you can't get everything. Thanks for a great game!
Post #: 1
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 5:30:22 PM   
junk2drive

Pretty realistic huh? Just kidding, toggle key would be nice.

Two things to try, use the I key to turn the overhead icons on and off to see if that makes the icon catch your eye, second is use the / and ' to make the units large temporarily.

(in reply to BootyJoe)
Post #: 2
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 5:32:56 PM   
junk2drive

For the Hunt or Move to Contact command from CM, try Advance. That is more cautious than Move and allows for fire while moving.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 6:32:10 PM   
rickier65

In addition to the Advance command, you can also try setting your SOP for your unit to cautious. Though that might also result in them withdrawing when they come in contact, depending on the relative strength of the enemy they contact.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 7:17:38 PM   
BootyJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

In addition to the Advance command, you can also try setting your SOP for your unit to cautious. Though that might also result in them withdrawing when they come in contact, depending on the relative strength of the enemy they contact.

Thanks
Rick

Would that get the unit to actually stop movement and engage? What I am getting at here is the negative accuracy modifier for moving. Even using the advance order units still don't stop and engage rather continue moving at half speed firing and still getting negative movement to-hit penalty.

Thanks for the help guys!
"Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach"
Joseph Stalin

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 8:32:04 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: BootyJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Thanks
Rick

Would that get the unit to actually stop movement and engage? What I am getting at here is the negative accuracy modifier for moving. Even using the advance order units still don't stop and engage rather continue moving at half speed firing and still getting negative movement to-hit penalty.

Thanks for the help guys!
"Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach"
Joseph Stalin

That's true, with an advance order, the units won't stop. You could set some squads in the platoon to advance just a short distance while others go farther. Those that stop could then provide overwatch.
Thanks
rick

(in reply to BootyJoe)
Post #: 6
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/29/2012 9:51:21 PM   
Mobius

quote:

A second remark is the absence of a "hunt" command - ordering a unit to move but stop and engage as soon as contact is made and then continue moving - I really miss that kind of order.
As Junk2 and Rick stated some of that effect can be achieved with the combination of an order and SOP setting. Defend, Advance and Withdraw are orders a unit can fire while moving. (Though there seems to be a bit of a delay for firing to commence for Defend and Withdraw.) I don't know the to-hit penalty but I assume it to be less the slower a unit moves.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: Hide smoke? - 7/30/2012 6:54:33 PM   
Mobius

quote:

A second remark is the absence of a "hunt" command - ordering a unit to move but stop and engage as soon as contact is made and then continue moving - I really miss that kind of order.
I would prefer the German Advance move to work more like this. Though it would be optimal if the tanks fired a second time before moving on as the first shot is less accurate. To call this action 'hunt' seems a little strange.

(in reply to BootyJoe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Hide smoke? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI