Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Base orders for platoon commander

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Base orders for platoon commander Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Base orders for platoon commander - 7/30/2012 5:38:41 AM   
WallysWorld

I understand that by giving orders for the platoon commander, it's transmitted down to the platoon as a whole. But how can I issue a command to Advance or Rush and have the commander remain in place while the subunits move?

For example, when I issue a command like Advance for the commander, the game wants a path for the commander to move. But I don't want the commander to move, I just want the subunits to get the order to Advance while the commander remains still. But I'm forced to give a path to the commander to follow. I'm getting around this by issuing a tiny path for the commander, but is there someway to skip giving a path to the commander?

I hope I'm explaining my question properly.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Base orders for platoon commander - 7/30/2012 6:13:50 AM   
Mobius

That's how you would do it if you want them all to Advance. Advance is movement at about half speed and to fire on the move. Rush is to move full and fast then at the end fire at targets of opportunity. In the Reaction phase you will be required to halt to control fire at enemy units. If you want the command element to just sit and fire then another order might be better like Engage or Defend.

(in reply to WallysWorld)
Post #: 2
RE: Base orders for platoon commander - 7/30/2012 6:31:41 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: WallysWorld

I understand that by giving orders for the platoon commander, it's transmitted down to the platoon as a whole. But how can I issue a command to Advance or Rush and have the commander remain in place while the subunits move?

For example, when I issue a command like Advance for the commander, the game wants a path for the commander to move. But I don't want the commander to move, I just want the subunits to get the order to Advance while the commander remains still. But I'm forced to give a path to the commander to follow. I'm getting around this by issuing a tiny path for the commander, but is there someway to skip giving a path to the commander?

I hope I'm explaining my question properly.

Thanks!

You explained it just fine, and I use the same approach as you when I want one unit to stay in place while the rest of the platoon Advances (or Rushes).

thanks
rick

Post #: 3
RE: Base orders for platoon commander - 7/30/2012 5:55:02 PM   
WallysWorld

Thanks for both replies and for answering my question.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: Base orders for platoon commander - 7/31/2012 3:06:13 AM   
Mad Russian

And if you zoom down as close as you can you can get that required commander order to be very short indeed!

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Base orders for platoon commander Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI