Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noob Question - How do I get better?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Noob Question - How do I get better? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noob Question - How do I get better? - 7/21/2013 7:51:13 AM   
Dangun

I am a noob.
I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and have played the tutorial and 8 or 9 of the on-the-road-to-XX scenarios.

I think I have figured out that I won't get any better playing the Soviets and watching the AI's strategies/tactics.
So I was wondering what's a good way of getting better? Should I just crank up the difficulty level; or are there particular clear (noob-oriented) AARs out there; or scour the rule book for optimizations that I am just not using yet?

I am guessing that I am still too nooby for a human opponent. My opponent might actually resent the time spent demonstrating how bad I was, unless the WitE community is peculiarly tolerant.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Noob Question - How do I get better? - 7/21/2013 8:15:06 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dangun

I am a noob.
I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and have played the tutorial and 8 or 9 of the on-the-road-to-XX scenarios.

I think I have figured out that I won't get any better playing the Soviets and watching the AI's strategies/tactics.
So I was wondering what's a good way of getting better? Should I just crank up the difficulty level; or are there particular clear (noob-oriented) AARs out there; or scour the rule book for optimizations that I am just not using yet?

I am guessing that I am still too nooby for a human opponent. My opponent might actually resent the time spent demonstrating how bad I was, unless the WitE community is peculiarly tolerant.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Up the AI some, then read up on the AAR's.

Then play a game is Russian as that side is easyer then GHC.

I played vs AI and read AAR's for 2 months before playing my first human vs human 41-45 game.

The game is very complex more so then people think.

Unit morale is the most important stat by a long shot.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Dangun)
Post #: 2
RE: Noob Question - How do I get better? - 7/21/2013 11:49:11 AM   
Saper2229

Industry, supply and air forces more important
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dangun

I am a noob.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Up the AI some, then read up on the AAR's.

Then play a game is Russian as that side is easyer then GHC.

I played vs AI and read AAR's for 2 months before playing my first human vs human 41-45 game.

The game is very complex more so then people think.

Unit morale is the most important stat by a long shot.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 3
RE: Noob Question - How do I get better? - 7/22/2013 12:22:55 PM   
Dangun

Thanks Sapper and Pelton.

If I could ask a follow-up question: when you that airforces are very important, do you mean the setting of air-doctrine with the air-doctrine screen is important or do you mean that micro-managing the individual missions is very important?

I found the manual quite unhelpful when it came to telling me how reliably the PC could be left to manage my air orders.

Thanks again.

Cheers

(in reply to Saper2229)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Noob Question - How do I get better? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI