Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demo?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Demo? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demo? - 7/29/2013 1:02:33 AM   
zouave

Judging by some of the questions I've read here on the forum, there are a bunch of us grognards sitting on the fence with this game. We're wondeirng just how much more detailed and realistic it is compared to Panzer General.

Releasing a demo would go a very long way toward answering these types of concerns, and be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Demo? - 7/29/2013 2:31:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Zouave,

There are no plans for a demo - we have posted the developer's notes and after action reports specifically to answer those questions. Hopefully you will find them helpful if you have not already read them.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3370923

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1258

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to zouave)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo? - 7/30/2013 10:30:17 AM   
spillblood

My opinion on this is: There's a demo for both Unity of Command and Panzer Corps, why not ask the developers if they could do a demo containing some small scenarios and the tutorial. I think this gives a much better impression on how the game plays than AARs, it's like the difference between watching someone play a game and actually trying it out yourself. And if the price point is relatively high like with many of the games Matrix and Slitherine publish (I don't criticize this, they are justified for the most part), gamers might be put off because of the risk involved in buying the games.
I've had some purchases before here and on Shrapnel where the lack of a demo was a serious problem because the game was extremely hard to get into (which clearly isn't the case with GaW!), or it was a serious disappointment (one game at Shrapnel developed by the creator of the Space Empires series, serious conflict and problems there suppressed by Shrapnel's staff).
There are no such problems with GaW, it didn't impress me at the start, but I've really grown to love it when I played heavily during the beta.

< Message edited by spillblood -- 7/30/2013 10:31:37 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo? - 8/1/2013 1:15:41 PM   
henri51

The Wargamer AAR's graphics are too small - the graphics expand to a small screen 7 inches wide and the units inside are fuzzy) and make it difficult to follow the game,unless one has the actual magazine.

< Message edited by henri51 -- 8/1/2013 1:26:43 PM >

(in reply to spillblood)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Demo? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI