Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

In-game deployment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> In-game deployment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In-game deployment - 7/29/2013 9:17:45 AM   
Spechtmeise

I am enjoying GaW Barbarossa so far -- this is an accessible and fun game that has a lot of potential. I really appreciate the more historical flavor as compared to PG.
One thing I am not getting though is in-game deployment. I am currently playing the Talinn scenario in the Archangelsk campaign. The deployment screen on top keeps offering me only one lone fighter to deploy, but no hex to deploy it on. In addition the little tab beneath the screen displays the figure '3', probably meaning there are three units to deploy which makes sense. These units don't show up on the screen, and I can't deploy them.
Is there something I am not getting?

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They're Not Out to Get Me!
Post #: 1
RE: In-game deployment - 7/29/2013 10:07:31 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stratocruiser

I am enjoying GaW Barbarossa so far -- this is an accessible and fun game that has a lot of potential. I really appreciate the more historical flavor as compared to PG.
One thing I am not getting though is in-game deployment. I am currently playing the Talinn scenario in the Archangelsk campaign. The deployment screen on top keeps offering me only one lone fighter to deploy, but no hex to deploy it on. In addition the little tab beneath the screen displays the figure '3', probably meaning there are three units to deploy which makes sense. These units don't show up on the screen, and I can't deploy them.

Good to hear you enjoy the game.

In the A-A campaign the maps have a limited number of unit slots you can deploy. If all are occupied, you can buy units but not deploy them.

If there are some free on the other hand you can recruit new units and deploy them, given there is a supply ground.
As soon as there is an undeployed unit and a free slot, the box with the number will appear. This number shows the available slots - not the available units.
In your case you have an airunit but as long as you have not captured the airfield in the north you cannot deploy it. And you have a total of three slots to fill with units.

If you bought a unit in a turn and find out there is no slot or supply ground for it you can disband it and get all your resources back - no damage to the valuable resource pool done.

Hope this helped - if not just ask away...

Regards,

(in reply to Spechtmeise)
Post #: 2
RE: In-game deployment - 7/29/2013 11:10:14 AM   
spillblood

I've had the deploy box in some scenarios pop up although deployment was locked, have reported it before, for example in the 1942 Archangelsk scenario. Maybe he's experiencing something like this.

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 3
RE: In-game deployment - 7/29/2013 12:56:02 PM   
Spechtmeise

Thank you spillblood. I think this is what's happening. Deployment is locked despite the deploy box displaying units. In addition, the number beneath the box and what's inside the box don't match.

(in reply to spillblood)
Post #: 4
RE: In-game deployment - 7/29/2013 1:23:29 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

the units in the deploy window and the number in the box are not supposed to match.

You can have 10 units to deploy and 3 unit slots. Then there will be 10 units in the window and the number 3 in the box.

I have attached an image to clear things up. In my example there are 4 slots left and one unit is undeployed.

Regards,

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Spechtmeise)
Post #: 5
RE: In-game deployment - 7/29/2013 1:28:11 PM   
Spechtmeise

Okay, I will have to look at this again. I had one unit in the deploy box and the number '3' in the tab. The one unit in the box I could not deploy because no deploy hex was offered on the map.

Post #: 6
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 5:50:05 AM   
HansHafen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stratocruiser

Good to hear you enjoy the game.

In the A-A campaign the maps have a limited number of unit slots you can deploy. If all are occupied, you can buy units but not deploy them.

If there are some free on the other hand you can recruit new units and deploy them, given there is a supply ground.
As soon as there is an undeployed unit and a free slot, the box with the number will appear. This number shows the available slots - not the available units.
In your case you have an airunit but as long as you have not captured the airfield in the north you cannot deploy it. And you have a total of three slots to fill with units.

If you bought a unit in a turn and find out there is no slot or supply ground for it you can disband it and get all your resources back - no damage to the valuable resource pool done.

Hope this helped - if not just ask away...

Regards,

What is a "supply ground"? I have slots open because I had some units eliminated in combat. I have units that are not deployed that are available to be deployed, but I can't find anywhere to place them. I hit the button to show deployment zones and nothing happens. I am playing AGN campaign and I am on the scenario where the Germans are trying to link up with the Finns on the eastern side of Lake Ladoga. Thanks

Post #: 7
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 6:06:02 AM   
stormbringer3

I don't know if this helps any of the above but here is something I discovered by accident. You can place a unit in one of the deployment hexes, move it, place another unit in the same hex and move it etc. I found this especially helpful when I had more aircraft than deployment hexes for them.

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 8
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 6:55:47 AM   
PKH

Is there a way to undeploy a unit during the deployment phase ?

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 9
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 5:44:52 PM   
Erik2

I still do not get the deployment.
I have finished the first scenario in the AG North campaign (no unit losses).
The deployment tab display a '2', but there are no green hexes (according to the manual) to deploy in.
I have tried both land and air units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Erik Nygaard -- 7/31/2013 5:46:55 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 6:10:17 PM   
HerzKaraya

Same problem here - there´s no way I can deploy anything during any of the scenarios of AGN.

Vista, suerte y al toro!

(in reply to Erik2)
Post #: 11
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 6:56:23 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

there are no deploy hexes and no core units that stay with in the AGN campaign. Its different from all the others and this is also stated in the description.

The next version will not show the deploy window if there are no hexes to deploy. Hope this helps.

Regards,

(in reply to HerzKaraya)
Post #: 12
RE: In-game deployment - 7/31/2013 10:03:16 PM   
HerzKaraya

OK, that makes sense. Thanks. Regards

Vista, suerte y al toro!

Post #: 13
RE: In-game deployment - 8/1/2013 12:22:23 PM   
ComradeP

Also keep in mind that in the A-A campaign, deployment hexes remain valid after you place a unit in them.

If you run out of deployment hexes in a certain area, you can still place a unit in them later on (at least for the first turn, not entirely sure how it works after that) after you move the unit that was originally deployed there out of the hex. You can also use this to make the most of your initial deployment options to push your units forwards a couple of additional hexes on turn 1 (by placing them in the most forward deployment hexes).

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to HerzKaraya)
Post #: 14
RE: In-game deployment - 8/1/2013 1:37:52 PM   
Erik2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hello,

there are no deploy hexes and no core units that stay with in the AGN campaign. Its different from all the others and this is also stated in the description.

The next version will not show the deploy window if there are no hexes to deploy. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Good, thank you

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> In-game deployment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI