Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/13/2013 8:53:59 AM   
Agathosdaimon

Hi i was jsut playing this mission and something odd occurred which i think ruined the mission for me overall
LZ Dorado started the game over in Egypt and so was the SAF seal team that i think had to be at the CP at 1800 hours.

As these things were way off in another contry as this scenario takes place in spain, I just presume they were not of any consequence, as i thought maybe the seal team would be an npc that is just at the cp at 1800 hours

However when i event got my hercules to the CP and switched off the relief layer, the LZ Dorado and units suddenly appeared in Spain and disappeared from Egpyt. I had been flying hornets overhead before and had not found any such LZ duplicated in spain, so i must conclude that some bug caused the LZ be in Egypt for that time up to 1800, the problem with this though is that the seal team is in egypt too and i think it had to get them to the CP in spain by 1800, which was stil not possible once the LZ did turn up in Spain.
Has anyone else experienced this?

My other question and i hope someone can answer is that is there any way to work out what an ETA at a waypoint would be. Its impossible to determine how much time i will need to get the Hercules to the cp exactly for 1800 hours. - could this somehow by worked in to the game- ie, when one selects a waypoint, that there will be a little text near it showing the time counting down to when it will be reached, based on whatever the speed of the unit is at the time of selecting the wp to check?

Outside of these queries its a fun mission that can be deceptive in looking easier than it is once mig 29s turn and SAM sites detect on and then there are ground forces supposedly pursuing the seal team i think - i didnt get that far as the LZ teleportationg bug threw all my timing out.
Post #: 1
RE: Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/13/2013 10:34:08 PM   
Agathosdaimon

No one else, ok although is someone able to answer my second question re Eta info? Thanks

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 2
RE: Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/13/2013 10:41:35 PM   
mikmykWS

This one is a community provided scenario so I'll try and find the author on this one.

Thanks!

Mike

Post #: 3
RE: Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/14/2013 5:07:40 AM   
Meroka37

I have sent an email to the author, so maybe he can answer you.

'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"

Post #: 4
RE: Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/14/2013 7:03:15 AM   
Blas de Lezo

Hello, I'm the scenario author and let's see if we can solve this out:

The core of the scenario is based in an action call teleport, with this action you are able to move instantaneously unitis from any place of the world to the scenario... this action is used to simulate reinforces, airdrops and amphibious landings..., so far so good, but there is a minor backside to this: the units to be teleported have to be in the scenario from the beginning, so normally you, as an scenario designer, pith them way out of place until the moment they are reported to the fight...

So I put the LZ, and the SOF team in Egypt until the moment they show up in Spain... you just don't worry about that, just follow the direction in the briefing:

"You have to flight the C-130 towards the CP" one the C-130 reaches the CP, the scenario simulates that the crew identified the SOF team and vice eras and the SOF guys set an LZ for the C-130 to land, but not before, so no matter how many passes you do over the area with F18, the LZ only appears after you have simulated the contact with the SOF guys...

Also in the briefing is said that after contact with the SOF the C-130 will fly by itself towards the LZ and land... After that, when prompted, you will have to launch it agin and fly it back to its home base....

So: don't worry about the LZ been in Egypt, just follow the instruction and make the C-130 overflight the contact point....

About the timing there is no need to land at 1800, the briefing says that you have to establish contact between 1700 and 1800... the contact point is about 180 NM from the base, around half an hour for a C-130...

The Dev team is working in the issue about ETE and time coordination, but for this scenario fine time adjustment is not needed .

I hope you enjoy the scenario now.

Best

(in reply to Meroka37)
Post #: 5
RE: Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/14/2013 10:34:44 AM   
Agathosdaimon

oh cool, thanks for answering this - so do i have to move the SOF men myself though still to the checkpoint or will they move there themselves, though as they are on i foot? that may take a while - i was confused about this and also whether i had to make the Hercules land myself or not and how i would do that at the CP - so this will all happen by itself? is it the case that i dont have set any waypoints at all when a flight is on mission?

(in reply to Blas de Lezo)
Post #: 6
RE: Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ - 10/14/2013 9:03:46 PM   
kaburke61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

oh cool, thanks for answering this - so do i have to move the SOF men myself though still to the checkpoint or will they move there themselves, though as they are on i foot? that may take a while - i was confused about this and also whether i had to make the Hercules land myself or not and how i would do that at the CP - so this will all happen by itself? is it the case that i dont have set any waypoints at all when a flight is on mission?

I believe you need to move the SOF. First time I didn't (actually I didn't even recognize them, I was so used to just identifying the Naval symbols ) and nothing happened. Herc will land itself.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Camao Training Transport Day -country jumping LZ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI