Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does being on fire make my ship more detectable?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? - 10/13/2013 4:40:17 AM   
Temple

I looked through the e-manual but couldn't find an answer.

I'm playing a night scenario and one of my ships is on fire. It occurs to me that it might not be a good idea to leave my other ships near it as the burning ship would be more detectable... but is that modeled in the game? If it is that would be awesome. And is there a way to check a ship's current visibility level in the game? Again, if it is (or can be made possible) that would be awesome too
Post #: 1
RE: Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? - 10/14/2013 8:50:21 PM   
Bedrock

In one of Baloogans video replays a Chinese Frigate was on fire (Moderate to high damage) and one of his Helicopters was able to give BDA due to the increase on the FLIR sensor. I'm not sure if there is a way to see the visibility that may increase while the unit is on fire but apparently the IR sensors definitely pick it up so I believe it is modeled into the game. As a side note. Flooding on a surface unit can be picked up by submerged units as well. Pretty detailed modeling!

as far as strategy, the cockroach theorem would apply. "Run from the light!" except for the rescue unit (if available) Best tactic is to have the group leave the Datum Point to survive any bearing only attacks or assaults from units using the burning, visible unit as a target point.

"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The Leader adjusts the sails." -John Maxwell

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI