Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happy to see CC alive!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Happy to see CC alive! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happy to see CC alive! - 12/31/2013 3:47:31 AM   
Babstar

Just wanted to say that I'm very happy to see CC alive and love the new Panthers in the Fog release! Last time I Played was CC5 when it first came out.

CC is the Nr 1 wargame for me :)
Post #: 1
RE: Happy to see CC alive! - 4/17/2014 9:31:33 AM   
Javolenus

I also feel happy that CC is alive. It's a great overall design. But I wish the AI could be improved for single-player. I have all the CC remakes and always play single-player -- but it's just too easy. The AI either shuffles its units around aimlessly or performs careless suicide advances into kill zones. It's pretty much impossible to lose in single-player. The only challenge (sort of) is to try to complete a scenario without sustaining any casualties while totally annihilating the AI. Also -- I recently found Eric Young's "Squad Assault" on Gamersgate. It plays very much like CC, has a user-friendly editor, but costs only £4.50. I'd be happier paying the much higher prices for CC remakes if the AI was better ...

(in reply to Babstar)
Post #: 2
RE: Happy to see CC alive! - 4/17/2014 10:43:50 AM   
Renato

I concur. CC has had many great improvements in the years, but the AI has had only minor adjustements. This is a pity for those who play single-player.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Happy to see CC alive! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI