Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Undo Build issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Undo Build issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Undo Build issue - 12/11/2013 1:25:49 AM   
Majorball68

I have noticed in solitaire play if you undo a build and redo a build of the same type it randomly selects from the pool again and not necessarily the same unit. For example, if I choose to build an Infantry Corp I may get a 5-3 land unit. If I undo build and then select build infantry corp I may get a 7-4 land unit sitting in the same force pool.

Builds from force pool should be random(exception are ships). Something should be done so it cant be exploited by undoing and rebuilding to get the best from the force pool. In the above example if I was to undo the infantry build and then rebuild it I should pull the 5-3 again as I already pulled it with the first build which was undone.

Not sure if it affects net play as I havnt advance to that yet.
Post #: 1
RE: Undo Build issue - 12/11/2013 1:41:51 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majorball68

I have noticed in solitaire play if you undo a build and redo a build of the same type it randomly selects from the pool again and not necessarily the same unit. For example, if I choose to build an Infantry Corp I may get a 5-3 land unit. If I undo build and then select build infantry corp I may get a 7-4 land unit sitting in the same force pool.

Builds from force pool should be random(exception are ships). Something should be done so it cant be exploited by undoing and rebuilding to get the best from the force pool. In the above example if I was to undo the infantry build and then rebuild it I should pull the 5-3 again as I already pulled it with the first build which was undone.

All the builds are trashed at the end of the production phase (when the major power closes the form) and new random draws are made. What you see during the production phase as the 'selected' units is merely to let you know how many you could still build in that turn.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 2
RE: Undo Build issue - 12/11/2013 1:55:29 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majorball68

All the builds are trashed at the end of the production phase (when the major power closes the form) and new random draws are made. What you see during the production phase as the 'selected' units is merely to let you know how many you could still build in that turn.

oh cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Undo Build issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI