Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ s... - 12/7/2013 3:23:16 PM   
Kathi51!

Dear All,

watching the very nicely done video tutorial 6, I stumbled across something I found rather puzzling.

Steve is just explaining the summary of unit/ hex under the cursor in the main form and moves to a german 4 stack hex.

Then we see ( and Steve tells us too ) LAtt 7, LDef 14 which does not really make sense to me ( thereīs a 6 strength inf as top counter ). What kind of units could the 6 strength unit be stacked with to run up to these factors.

Furthermore the display seems to indicate no air factors. So how could the hex stack 4 units?

What might I be missing?

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance!

< Message edited by Kathi51! -- 12/7/2013 8:57:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 4:22:17 PM   
Zorachus99

You are doubled in Swamp and Mountain hexes for example.

Mountain units are tripled in defense in mountain hexes.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 2
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 7:52:54 PM   
Kathi51!

Hi Zorachus,

thanks!

Sadly enough - no swamps or mountains in Belgium. Itīs a clear hex.

That wonīt do the trick. Furthermore thereīs the stacking thing.

Best regards

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 3
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 7:54:26 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kathi51!

Dear All,

watching the very nicely done video tutorial 6, I stumbled across something I found rather puzzling.

Steve is just explaining the summary of unit/ hex under the cursor in the main form and moves to a german 4 stack hex.

Then we see ( and Steve tells us too ) LAtt 7, LDef 14 which does not really make sense to me ( thereīs a 6 strength inf as top counter ). What kind of units could the 6 strength unit be stacked with to run up to these factors.

Furthermore the display seems to indicate no air factors. So how could the hex stack 4 units?

What might I be missing?

Can anybody help?

Thankīs in advance!

Are the potential attackers across a river?

Paul

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 4
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:03:02 PM   
Kathi51!

Hi Paul,

Iīd have to look, but across a river would be attacker halved - not the other way around - I guess.

And the stacking thing doesnīt make sense any way you look at it. I just closed the tutorial, but I recall Steve explicitly saying " the hex contains 4 units " and something in the way of - no air units.

A puzzle...

Best regards

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:06:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Dear All,

What might I be missing?

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance!

warspite1

Where (what time) does this appear in the tutorial - I'd like to take a look, see if I can help. What is it that makes you think there are no aircraft in the stack?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 6
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:13:41 PM   
paulderynck

Good point on the river, my bad. OK how about anti-tank or AA units that are doubled against potential Armor/Mech units? (C'mon I'm dyin' here - throw me a bone! )

Of maybe the Tutorial was done back when there was some kind of a bug in the game that since has been eradicated. Some of them were done quite awhile ago.

Paul

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:17:39 PM   
michaelbaldur

there is a port in that hex ..

maybe a captured convoy

and one of the land units in the hex is disrupted, so 7 attack/14 defence

< Message edited by michaelbaldur -- 12/7/2013 9:22:25 PM >

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 8
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:20:13 PM   
Kathi51!

Hi Warspite,

I put it in the header but now I see that itīs not fully displayed.

Itīs 0:58:35 ff.

Best regards

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:28:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Hi Warspite,

I put it in the header but now I see that itīs not fully displayed.

Itīs 0:58:35 ff.

Best regards
warspite1

Well that's clear! No aircraft and no ships.... paulderynck maybe right that this was done sometime ago and was not bug free when recorded. Or could it be a fort?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 10
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:28:29 PM   
Orm

I think Michael got it. A disorganized land unit is certain. Then it might be a disorganized naval or air unit.

Something like in this picture.

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 11
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:34:07 PM   
Kathi51!

Hi Paul,

I tried to work on the AA/ AT assumption too. Math doesnīt work out. Furthermore - as far as I can see - we are not in the land attack phase. Itīs general information about the hex ( I would think so - at least ).

Maybe a bug, maybe long gone... - but I am very careful here, after all the "bug reports" - a bug ... a bug ... - which turned out to be - oops didnīt quite have the rules present.

Going through MWIF Iīve stumbled across at least a dozen items ( some not small ) that I didnīt "get" in 20 years of wiffing - and I should have, knowing some guys who really know their way around the game.

Best regards

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 12
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 8:45:20 PM   
Kathi51!

Hi Michael (and Orm),

that makes sense - thanks!

No bug and I have not gone mad.

What a day!

Cheers

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 13
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 9:05:09 PM   
michaelbaldur

just ask me .. Mwif expert

I work hard, not smart.

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 14
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 9:26:38 PM   
Kathi51!

Iīll take you up on that...

And mind you - there will be a lot of questions.

Setting up the hardware on monday...

But jokes aside - from all I see to this point - itīs a beauty isnīt it!!!

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 15
RE: Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDe... - 12/7/2013 10:43:02 PM   
michaelbaldur

you just PM me with questions ..

I work hard, not smart.

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Land attack factors-LAtt/ Land defence factors- LDef/ stacking limits- Video Tutorial 6 0:58:35 ff Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI