Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Buzzard meat-Preset game for Arethusa and Buzzard45

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> New Buzzard meat-Preset game for Arethusa and Buzzard45 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Buzzard meat-Preset game for Arethusa and Buzzard45 - 10/5/2003 4:29:12 AM   
Buzzard45

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Capt Pixel says: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Indigo]The map is courtesy Mr Wild Bill Wilder. Ever the consumate mapmaker. (It's a bit##, ain't it?)

The settings are historical, so who knows how the two combatants will fair.

The units were selected from among the most common available at the time (read: Rarity '0' and in a few cases '1')

The force balance is standard (for me anyway)
~10% onboard artillery with FOs
Infantry/Armor ratio is about 50/50 in number of units
Enough recon to cover your advance into each other

It should be an interesting battle[/COLOR]
The Buzzard opens the map with the warning that Arethusa has not had a chance to deploy so he shouldn't either.
Okey Dokey. End Deploy and start jambed against the East edge of the 100 x 100 map.
Trucks in deep woods don't go far :mad: some get stuck on logs :mad: some tanks lose tracks :mad: infantry is restricted to one hex per turn :mad: .

What mess. Half a company is south while the other half is at the far north. Santa is confused and the penguins just are not all that helpful. Four or five turns should see my recon at least released by Huertgern Forest. If it wasn't for that little girl with the red cape and picnic basket. I'd be totally lost.

The map shows a road around here somewhere.

Several heavy tracked vehicles make it to the dirt tracks and speed through the woods heading for their first objective. They have little confidence that they will beat the speedy British armoured cars to the stone buildings of the little dutch village. They will, however, make it there before ATGs can be set up and Heavy Britsh tanks can navigate the woods. I can imagine the Churchills moving at the blistering pace of two hexes per turn through the heavy woods. Bad part is that all paved roads are in the Canadian and British sector. Still the rain keeps down the dust and impedes the effectiveness of of the RCAF. We may not see any today and take chances based on this hunch.

Smoke canisters mask the approaches to the village and farm buildings. It is not the Wermarcht who have smoked the approaches but smoke works both ways. :rolleyes:

Be careful with your advance and do not underestimate what may be waiting for you. The high ground can still be spotted from and be used to spot from about one mile even as the lightning stikes the higher trees. :p

Back to you. Sailor of the seas.

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO
Post #: 1
- 10/5/2003 7:32:29 PM   
arethusa

By not having a chance to deploy it meant that my deployent was already done and I had no choice in the matter. Of course, the result is the units I want in the north start out in the south and vice versa. :confused: :( No infantry is near transport, artillery is defenceless, armour is in lager together, instead of on patrol. In short, just like the organization I remember in RL army. :rolleyes: The smoke wasn't my idea either. The spots it landed in may help the Germans more than it will Canucks since it's so far ahead and hiding the fields the panzers must clank through.

Hmm, Churchills, AC's, what exactly have the German spies been whispering on the wind to the Buzzard? He might know more about my units than I do. The parameters suggest Buzz might have as much as Panther D's and some other heavy metal and that gibes with what is in the Zeitung above. The Buzzard is known for his adeptness with recon so I have to be extra careful but at this rate, and from what the German daylies say, it may be another 3 or 4 turns before any significant contact is made. Based on the papers, our meeting point might have been calculated by Capt. P to be right in the village, or the open fields just west of the VHs to create maximum difficulty for both sides.

At any event, it's obvious that with or without the paved road, Churchills cant's make it there so fast and AC's don't have a hope against the type of German panzers expected. Those Panthers are fast :( And pedestrian scouts are slow so I won't know what I'm facing for a while yet unless I'm willing to lose an AC or two to find out.

"Good military intelligence is worth at least as much as an extra regiment."

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 2
RE: - 2/12/2004 4:22:39 AM   
Buzzard45

It ended with a Draw. .

We get to play the mirror game next. Arethusa thinks my 28 PZIVs were better than his 16 shermans and 6 AECIII and 4 Ram Badgers with Kangaroo mounted infantry.. Hmmm. He might be right. I'd still pick the Canadians. Especially in 44-45. Roos are deadly if used right.

What yah say Arethusa? Is it a date? Eh? Reinforcements on turn 10.

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO

(in reply to arethusa)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> New Buzzard meat-Preset game for Arethusa and Buzzard45 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI