Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War Gaming Heaven

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> War Gaming Heaven Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War Gaming Heaven - 2/6/2014 11:12:25 PM   
MadSlag

Hi All,

I came home from work today to the most beautiful site: a box full of war gaming book goodness. The MWiF books are absolutely gorgeous. And I really can't wait to learn this game. I have been following the game since release and have been watching all of you discuss the game. It was finally time to pull the trigger and start enjoying this great game. Actually the real story is my wife got tired of me talking about the game so she got online and ordered the thing for me so I would stop yabbering about it :). Little does she know that now that I own it I will be yabbering about it even more!!!

Anyhow I just wanted to jump on and introduce myself and say hi and thank the development team for taking the time and detail on this awesome game. Even though not completely finished what you have done so far is very impressive which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Enough talking, I've gotta get my nose into those books :)

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/7/2014 12:18:20 AM   
Shellshock

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadSlag

Actually the real story is my wife got tired of me talking about the game so she got online and ordered the thing for me so I would stop yabbering about it :). Little does she know that now that I own it I will be yabbering about it even more!!!

Your wife ordered it for you?

Yes, the manuals are pretty impressive. A printed out PDF slammed into a three ring binder isn't quite the same for me.

I found in terms of complexity, the learning curve for this game wasn't nearly as steep as WITP. More so if you've played World in Flames before.

(in reply to MadSlag)
Post #: 2
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/7/2014 3:02:13 AM   
joshuamnave

Mine was a Christmas present from my girlfriend. Little did she know that I would spend more time in my virtual army than I spent when I was actually in the army. Sleep is for the weak!

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 3
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/7/2014 7:09:05 AM   
Orm

Hello Mike.

Welcome to the forum.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to MadSlag)
Post #: 4
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/7/2014 11:02:40 AM   
Dorb

Welcome to the MWiF Book Club. I agree the books are awesome.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 5
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/7/2014 5:44:39 PM   
Centuur

You better make sure your wife gets a huge valentine present in return, next week...

Peter

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 6
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/7/2014 6:53:53 PM   
gravyhair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Welcome to the MWiF Book Club. I agree the books are awesome.

ROFL ...

Wise Men Still Seek Him

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 7
RE: War Gaming Heaven - 2/26/2014 1:49:01 PM   
npilgaard

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadSlag

Hi All,

I came home from work today to the most beautiful site: a box full of war gaming book goodness. The MWiF books are absolutely gorgeous. And I really can't wait to learn this game. I have been following the game since release and have been watching all of you discuss the game. It was finally time to pull the trigger and start enjoying this great game. Actually the real story is my wife got tired of me talking about the game so she got online and ordered the thing for me so I would stop yabbering about it :). Little does she know that now that I own it I will be yabbering about it even more!!!

Anyhow I just wanted to jump on and introduce myself and say hi and thank the development team for taking the time and detail on this awesome game. Even though not completely finished what you have done so far is very impressive which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Enough talking, I've gotta get my nose into those books :)

Mike

A nice wife and a great game - what more to wish for
You will enjoy the game for sure - it has both strategical and tactical depth, a historical feel and a lot of replayability

Regards
Nikolaj

(in reply to MadSlag)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> War Gaming Heaven Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI