Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

are there any tools to help a player visually see where his supply should be the next turn?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> are there any tools to help a player visually see where his supply should be the next turn? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
are there any tools to help a player visually see where... - 3/14/2014 10:34:57 PM   
Freedom205

I am having ahard time keeping my forward units supplied in the opening offensive and wonder if there is a tool I am missing the helps a player visualize where his HQs need to be to be within railhead range. The blue border on the actual combat unit helps for being close enough to the HQ, but I need the HQ to stay in supply also.

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: are there any tools to help a player visually see w... - 3/14/2014 11:43:57 PM   
swkuh

Must say your question intrigued me. Don't know easy method to judge supply, except maybe isolated units show "red" borders.

I judge supply connections by how far the HQ & units are from an "active" train line. Active means unbroken connection back to a supply base. Use the "see train line" button to see this. Then eyeball the hexes from the closest active train hex. The closer the better. Your unit supply status is seen from the unit box when you cursor the unit. HQ often shows no fuel, etc. because all fuel has been passed forward to controlled units.

Best tactic is to ensure HQs have a clear track back to an active rail line. Presumably, shorter the better. Keep controlled units no more than 5 hexes from their HQs.

(in reply to Freedom205)
Post #: 2
RE: are there any tools to help a player visually see w... - 3/15/2014 8:55:14 AM   
Faucheur

Maybe you can use the "shift z" hotkey. It draws lines from the selected unit to its HQ (in orange for a subordinate unit to the HQ, and blue from the HQ to its subordinates).

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 3
RE: are there any tools to help a player visually see w... - 3/16/2014 4:29:21 PM   
heliodorus04

From your lips to god's ears...
(and something that color-blind people can see!)

Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders

(in reply to Faucheur)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> are there any tools to help a player visually see where his supply should be the next turn? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI