Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

air field damage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> air field damage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
air field damage - 3/15/2015 8:01:18 PM   
MuguNiner

Greetings,

Madras has not been attacked by the IJAF for a very long time. The garrison is more than required. Support is plentiful. Yet the air field has been damaged for quite a long time? What would cause this?

Thanks

Attachment (1)

USMC 1976-80
Post #: 1
RE: air field damage - 3/15/2015 8:10:23 PM   
Mike Solli

You need engineers or engineer vehicles to repair damage. Put some there and they'll take care of it.

Edit: You need them to build airfields, ports and forts as well.

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 3/15/2015 9:10:43 PM >

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to MuguNiner)
Post #: 2
RE: air field damage - 3/15/2015 8:36:34 PM   
MuguNiner

Ah, Thanks. Engineer and Engineer vehicle both zero.

USMC 1976-80

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: air field damage - 3/15/2015 8:41:48 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuguNiner

Ah, Thanks. Engineer and Engineer vehicle both zero.

Also, the units which contain the engineers/eng vehicles have to be in Combat mode for engineers to function!

(in reply to MuguNiner)
Post #: 4
RE: air field damage - 3/16/2015 1:42:01 PM   
bush

But not aviation support. I was never sure what this difference was/represented IRL.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: air field damage - 3/16/2015 3:19:23 PM   
dr.hal

It would appear that you had engineers there at one point, as your port and airfield have a % building on both. But those figures will not rise until the repairs are made on your airfield as those above have indicated. Aviation support only keeps your airplanes flying, those folks don't repair runways, etc. Hal

(in reply to bush)
Post #: 6
RE: air field damage - 3/19/2015 1:31:20 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

But not aviation support. I was never sure what this difference was/represented IRL.

My guess is this is a game decision and has nothing to do with RL. Set a unit with AS to rest and watch your A/C fall apart. Otherwise you'd need a lot more AS type units wherever A/C were stationed, and that's probably not possible, especially for Japan.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to bush)
Post #: 7
RE: air field damage - 3/19/2015 1:24:59 PM   
bush

Once I start a drive on Asia mainland I keep Aviation Support units in "strategic" mode. I lose the few building engineers present but can instantly leapfrog them forward to the next base and have the aircraft supported.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 8
RE: air field damage - 3/19/2015 10:44:12 PM   
wdolson

I think most people would consider that a bit "gamey" (taking advantage of a game engine quirk to do something that couldn't happen in reality).

Against the AI, it doesn't care and that's one of those house rules for people to negotiate in a PBEM.

Bill

< Message edited by wdolson -- 3/19/2015 11:44:48 PM >

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to bush)
Post #: 9
RE: air field damage - 3/19/2015 11:43:00 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Once I start a drive on Asia mainland I keep Aviation Support units in "strategic" mode. I lose the few building engineers present but can instantly leapfrog them forward to the next base and have the aircraft supported.

I haven't done this, at least not for that purpose. When moving AS units up if they come to a base that has ample support and I'm about to take the next one I will leave them in strategic mode, but their support isn't needed anyway. I do sometimes put AS units in rest mode to give the unit a chance to raise its moral a bit as I don't want it to get too low. I also will use them immediately as they're detraining.

quote:

I think most people would consider that a bit "gamey" (taking advantage of a game engine quirk to do something that couldn't happen in reality).

Against the AI, it doesn't care and that's one of those house rules for people to negotiate in a PBEM.

Bill

I see your point Bill. Now you've got me wondering about what I've been doing. Anyone with any comments.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 10
RE: air field damage - 3/20/2015 5:25:27 AM   
rms1pa

quote:

I see your point Bill. Now you've got me wondering about what I've been doing. Anyone with any comments.

strat mode makes one vulnerable to air attack with lower AA so i would avoid front area strat mode

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> air field damage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI