Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Sudden death" victory condition ??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> "Sudden death" victory condition ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Sudden death" victory condition ?? - 4/15/2001 12:59:00 AM   
Resisti

I was playing an advance vs. delay pbem game (being the defender) when at the end of 8th turn (out of 20) the game ended allowing me for a decisive victory, with a victory points ratio above 9:1 and having my foe taken no victory hexes yet. So my questions are: what's the reason for that ? Is there a limit as per victory points difference above which the game ends immediately ? Is it written somewhere which are these limits ? Txs in advance for any help on this.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Post #: 1
- 4/15/2001 1:35:00 AM   
lnp4668

This have been discussed in previous posts. Seems like the game will ended if one side's forces was sufficiently disrupted and hold no victory hexes. One time I obtained a decisive defeat on turn 1. My glider forces attempted to land behind enemy lines and was disrupted during the landing. My main forces walk into a pre plan barrage by the enemy and was sufficently disrupted to cause the game to end. I reload the game, lets the glider land, but keeps my main force stationary for one turn, after that the game was able to proceed normally. Hopefully this will be fixed in future version (with help from players, read David's post)

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 2
- 4/15/2001 4:02:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

We think we have greatly reduced teh chances of this happening. The game was only counting good squads, not pinned or retreated ones and comparing a ratio to all others (75% I believe). It now does not count pinned and retreated (but routed or dead squads) towards "morale broken" sstatus so it should be touger to get "sudden death" victory because you happened to pin or retreat 75% of the other guys units. Now 75% have to be routed or dead to trigger that.

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 3
- 4/15/2001 7:54:00 AM   
Charles2222

Oh dear, that French S-35 en masse attack shant give up so quickly anymore! :eek:

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 4
- 4/15/2001 9:32:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

No , because the French buy a hoard of infantry now ;), but do often have a good tank reserve!

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> "Sudden death" victory condition ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI