Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rumanians & other trouble

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Rumanians & other trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rumanians & other trouble - 10/7/2015 7:49:30 AM   
SchnellerHeinz

Again, I do have questions and I hope you guys can help me out as you did the last times.

1. I remember having read something in the change notes about correcting the ability to merge rumanian cavalry brigades. I'm playing vs ai in *04 and it seems I'm absolutely not allowed to merge two said cavalry brigades. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's meant to be played?

2. Morale: I believe I was VERY careful with the use of foreign troops, not feeding them to the guns, so to speak. So they (HUN/SLOV/ITA/RUM-units) did actually take very few "held/retreated" results and there were some successes, too. But, I am stunned/frustrated as to how meager advances in morale were with these troops. Therefore: a) Any tricks/tactics involved I could have missed? b) How do you use these troops so their existence in this game is not totally useless? c) What's the best outcome in terms of morale you were able to come up with?

3. This is a general question not concerning foreign units alone: If I detach say a mixed flak bat from somewhere and actually want to assign it to a specific corps, but am not allowed to because of distance, I normally am able to assign it to the higher echelon (=army). Then in the next turn I expect to find this battalion attached to said army, but instead it was automatically and at random assigned to a corps of this army, which, of course, only rarely identifies as the corps I initially wanted it to be assigned. Please tell me this is a bug or I am at least able to disable this behavior.

< Message edited by SchnellerHeinz -- 10/7/2015 9:24:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Rumanians & other trouble - 10/7/2015 9:14:40 AM   
charlie0311

1. The Rum brigades will become divs as TOE upgrades, just check the schedule.

2. Try to get the axis allies to reserve activate with the regular axis attacks.

3. Use the "Lock Hq" function. If you assign something and want it to stay put, lock the HQ to which you assigned the unit. Note, the normal flow of support units (not locked hq and the computer is making the decisions) is up the chain of command (to OKH) and then down to the xxx HQ. Note 2. I like to start the game with lck hq, then turn one (axis) set all hq to 0 support level, everything will migrate up to OKH. Then from OKH you can assign all the SU's just where you want them, no AP cost. Note 3, axis turn 1 you will want to assign pioneer/stug/jpz/flampz to the divisions as allowed, that will help the many hasty attacks. Don't have to lock anything, the su's assigned to divs stay there.

(in reply to SchnellerHeinz)
Post #: 2
RE: Rumanians & other trouble - 10/7/2015 9:24:48 AM   
charlie0311

Edit, the pioneer and construction bns have their own rules. For practical purposes you will notice that they don't migrate up to OKH, these you mostly will have to move and pay the AP cost to do so. Movement up and down the chain of command is free, I think, you pay AP cost when, say, going from one xxx to another that is in a different army.

(in reply to charlie0311)
Post #: 3
RE: Rumanians & other trouble - 10/7/2015 12:51:25 PM   
swkuh

Charlie's tips are good, could also say there's similar idea for air bases with "commitment level."

Think movement down the chain is "free," but up the chain costs.

Good idea to let the game engine do details first and then micromanage.

(in reply to charlie0311)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Rumanians & other trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI