Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/21/2015 2:23:11 AM   
B52H

This scenario about World War III takes place in an extended Cold War in 1995 in a divided Germany. This scenario is very large and complex, so I hope your micromanaging skills are well-practiced! At any given time in this scenario, dozens, and sometimes hundreds, of aircraft will be airborne at any given time. This is the first of a series of scenarios I intend to create about World War III. Please offer any AARs, suggestions, insights, and comments below. Enjoy!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by B52H -- 1/2/2016 2:48:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/22/2015 12:41:38 AM   
MichaelJCuozzo

Just fired it up and began playing. So far, I like the setup. My only complaint so far is that since it's a big scenario, the time compression is near useless. It has to be run in real time, otherwise it lags a bunch.

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/23/2015 8:38:29 PM   
B52H

Anyone else got anything on this?

(in reply to MichaelJCuozzo)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/23/2015 10:35:07 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

I'm enjoying the scenario though aside from the time compression issue

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/24/2015 3:56:05 PM   
B52H

Merry Christmas! Any other thoughts or suggestions? I'll need a few AARs when you all are finished with playing in order to build the next few scenarios. Hopefully those AMRAMs and Patriots are helping you out.

(in reply to MichaelJCuozzo)
Post #: 5
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/29/2015 7:07:03 PM   
B52H

I plan to submit this scenario to the community scenario pack on New Year's Day. Does anyone else have any comments or thoughts to add? I'm working on a scenario now about an amphibious assault on Denmark by the WP and an attack by NATO assaulting East German and Soviet ground positions/military infrastructure. I'm also in the beginning stages of making a scenario involving REFORGER and the massive military airlift into West Germany, a Soviet airborne invasion of Japan, a Soviet insertion of special forces into Alaska to destroy pipelines and radar sites, and a few Mediterranean scenarios involving Algeria, Libya, and Syria. In case you don't understand the abbreviations of CWC (or any of its variants), here is a reference:

CWC (Cold War Continued [Central Front]): Involves the war in Germany and other countries spanning throughout Central and Eastern Europe.
CWCN (Cold War Continued Northern [Northern Front]): Involves the war in the North in Scandinavia and the United Kingdom.
CWCM (Cold War Continued Mediterranean [Mediterranean]): Involves the war in the Mediterranean.
CWCCONUS (Cold War Continued CONUS [Continental United States]): Involves the hunting of Soviet submarines off United States territorial waters and the protection of the United States mainland from Soviet bombers.
CWCAS (Cold War Continued Alaska [Alaska]): The protection of Alaska from a Soviet invasion and from bombers.

These are all I have planned so far. I hope you enjoy these when they come out!

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 6
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 12/31/2015 10:56:06 PM   
Yokes

Wow, ambitious!

Just started it, and it brought my laptop to its knees. Pulse times 100-200 ms, which isn't too bad.

This captures the massive scale of the German front that I was always interested in trying to create, but was intimidated to even attempt. And you take it on for your first scenario... Bravo.

I only have a few small quibbles:
1. None of the NATO radars are turned on. Is this on purpose?
2. Did you not want to enable quick turnaround on purpose? If so, I would recommend turning off the player's ability to set it. If not, then I would assume that players would like to have it enabled and would set it for them.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Yokes

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 7
RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction - 1/2/2016 1:49:16 AM   
B52H

The scenario has been updated to include quick turnaround and the AD and SAM radars to be on.

(in reply to Yokes)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI