Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Damn the Torpedoes - Tips?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> Damn the Torpedoes - Tips? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Damn the Torpedoes - Tips? - 3/4/2016 5:35:12 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Damn the Torpedoes has got me stumped...

When the large fleet of Backfires attacks, they destroy me every time!

There are 25 Backfires and I only have 24 AAMs between all of my Skyhawks. Inevitably, quite a lot of enemy ASMs get launched.

Should I be using OECM? Is it because I've been spotted by something, so they know where I am (though the number of satellites suggest I don't have much chance of hiding)?

Should I be placing my missile frigates among the convoy? (At the moment I try to have them acting as a 'wall', but the missiles go right over them).

Cheers!
Post #: 1
RE: Damn the Torpedoes - Tips? - 3/4/2016 7:26:51 PM   
magi

You have been spotted.... Or they would not launch.... By a sub… Or a tattletale… Or aircraft satellite etc. etc. ... See if some merchant shipping use Cuban or another country that is friendly to Russia....
If the weather is clear the satellites can see you…… If it is overcast they cannot..... If you were spotted via satellite pass… Change your course…
It is imperative to destroy any platform that can give your location away…

I haven't played this one yet… Post a picture of the map before red launches their ASM.....

< Message edited by magi -- 3/4/2016 7:28:46 PM >

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 2
RE: Damn the Torpedoes - Tips? - 3/4/2016 8:25:46 PM   
Lionheart

As I recall the secret to success in this scenario was to post a Skyhawk CAP way north of the carrier to engage the long range recon aircraft.

If you prevent the Soviet recon aircraft from locating your ships the bombers will have no targets to attack.

The low number of AAMs was not much of an issue really as the Skyhawk's 20mm gun is pretty effective against the recon aircraft.

Good luck!

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 3
RE: Damn the Torpedoes - Tips? - 3/5/2016 12:11:06 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Ah, ok. Seems like my failure is being located! (Rather than defending against attacks once I have already been seen).

I'll try again being much more careful. I feel I'm letting AGI ships too close (I forget to look out for them until it's too late!).

(in reply to Lionheart)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> Damn the Torpedoes - Tips? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI