Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

House Rules - Newbie Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> House Rules - Newbie Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
House Rules - Newbie Question - 6/28/2016 2:04:00 PM   
colberki

Does it make sense when playing the Bitter End GC to enforce the "standard" house rule for Axis automatic victory in 1941 if the Axis capture Leningrad, Moscow, Voronezh and Rostov?

What if the Soviets are able to recapture any of these locations in December 1941? is the Axis automatic victory "invalidated"?
Post #: 1
RE: House Rules - Newbie Question - 6/28/2016 4:18:27 PM   
RKhan

It is a personal choice for the players of course.

But the house rule is based on a lot of previous experience and I think it is reasonable to call the game for the Axis. Your opponent won't be having much fun anymore and the outcome is highly probable.

RKhan

(in reply to colberki)
Post #: 2
RE: House Rules - Newbie Question - 6/28/2016 4:33:12 PM   
Lobster

If the Soviets recaptured any cities held by the Axis wouldn't that be a successful offensive? That alone would be enough to continue the struggle in real life terms. In game terms I guess you have to throw the pro Axis players a bone or they will continue to loudly whine about how the game it tilted towards the Soviet side.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 6/28/2016 4:37:06 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to colberki)
Post #: 3
RE: House Rules - Newbie Question - 6/29/2016 8:07:35 PM   
colberki

Thank you for both your responses. IMHO the game continues if any of the 1941 Axis auto victory cities are recaptured in December.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: House Rules - Newbie Question - 6/29/2016 8:44:07 PM   
chaos45

the main problem is if the soviets lose all those cities in 1941--you most likely lost alot of factories/production which will make you weaker in 1942.

Not to mention you lose all that manpower in 1941 and into 1942....the 2 years when you get the most men per point of manpower recruitment.

Dont be deceived and think soviet manpower is infinite because its not. Again good axis play Soviet manpower can very well be stressed clear into 1943. After that it becomes more about the soviet player managing truck use than manpower/equipment production.

(in reply to colberki)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> House Rules - Newbie Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI