Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Data file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Mods and Scenarios >> Data file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Data file - 6/12/2014 9:53:46 PM   
dima

Hi Steve (or anyone who can answer),

could you please explain how force pool file work step by step?

I think Iam kind of dumb as PITF workbook doesn't help me to understand them.

The questions are:

1) How does FP file work?
2) How can I make 21 units all the time for each BG? (Read about dummy company - didn't understand :) ).

Looking to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Dima

< Message edited by dima -- 6/12/2014 10:59:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Data file - 6/13/2014 8:39:08 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Cahartes wrote this at CC series.
quote:

in your forecepools file for the BG you are interested in (or all), make sure you have 8 or more companies available--infantry in infantry BGS, Kompanies or Squadrons (company level echelon in unit structure) for armor BGs, etc.

About how fpools works, check the panthers in the fog workbook, it is similar or equal. In the fpools you can see the companies from each battlegroup and the percentages which they will give you the amount of them at each battlegroup. The UnitStructure is more complex,probably a complete mess because there are companies formed by other companies (the subteams) and companies formed by normal teams, you must recognize both.

Personally the unit structure file has a small problem, it looks as a complete mess for most of the people by the names of companies where you can recognize what is exactly each line and there are not differences in the names between one with subteams and one with teams. By this reason, I would rename it, at the end, the name showed in the game is not the name from the unitstructure (probably).

(in reply to dima)
Post #: 2
RE: Data file - 6/13/2014 1:46:01 PM   
Cathartes

forcepools relate directly to what is available in your battlegroup. unitstructure is the finer detail of what is exactly in your company, battalion organization, tank squadron, etc. GtC is based on the PitF unitstructure (for Germans) American rows are written over with new British data, but some American data remains from PitF. 8 or more companies is the trigger for filling 21 unit slots in your BG

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 3
RE: Data file - 6/30/2016 5:45:16 PM   
Kanov

quote:

I want to increase the number of unit slots available but I don't want to increase the number of actual teams available. Is this possible? I tried to add 8 empty companies but it didn't work.

No, because empty platoons and companies will be automatically disbanded.

I haven't gone back to the code to check, but you might be able to edit the unitstructure.txt and add a company-sized until with just one team in it, and then add some of those 'fake' companies to the force pool. The problem is that they will disband if that team is lost, and this will recalculate the BG size, and the number of slots available.

Steve

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 7/5/2016 9:46:05 PM >

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 4
RE: Data file - 7/5/2016 9:45:05 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Whoops - Sorry Kanov. I meant to 'reply' to your post and must have hit 'edit' by accident. Anyway, the answer is now in your post above.

Steve

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 5
RE: Data file - 7/6/2016 5:20:58 PM   
Kanov

Ok, I guess I'll leave it like that.

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Mods and Scenarios >> Data file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI