Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patrol/Prosecution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Patrol/Prosecution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patrol/Prosecution - 8/3/2016 5:41:26 PM   
Meiktila

My understanding is that patrol is where my planes will fly and prosecute is where they will attack if something pops up... is this right? Why don't you need prosecute, only patrol? Does that imply that prosecute is always optional and not really needed or useful? If someone could help me understand when to use a prosecution area, how best to use it and why I would be grateful.
Post #: 1
RE: Patrol/Prosecution - 8/3/2016 6:55:26 PM   
ColonelMolerat

You can use patrol to keep your planes in a particular area (such as near your airbases), but prosecution to allow them to then hunt anything that comes into the bigger prosecution area (such as your territory in general).

If you just used a big patrol area instead of a prosecution area, your planes would fly all over it, and may find themselves too far away if something dangerous appears close to whatever you're protecting. You may also find it more useful if their sensors are located in a particular (patrol) area.

Another example - you could have helicopters on a patrol close to a ship, so they'll drop sonobuoys only nearby, but have a much bigger prosecution area so that they'll chase down a target if one appears in a wider area.

(in reply to Meiktila)
Post #: 2
RE: Patrol/Prosecution - 8/3/2016 11:59:11 PM   
mikmykWS

The prosecution zones let you set limits to patrols. Some reasons you'd want to use them.

They help keep patrolling units out of a particular zone for whatever reason (Air threat, land etc).
They help divide a massive zone into smaller parts for units to patrol and prosecute into. So this would keep a P-3 from flying 1000's a miles after a contact or if you had a squadron you could assign one each to a 100 mile square.
They can be used to give SAM batteries certain areas they can shoot into. So lets say you want to layers a defense or too limit those SA-5 shots to a closer range.

This being said you don't have to use them. Its an optional option.

Mike

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 3
RE: Patrol/Prosecution - 8/4/2016 10:23:17 AM   
Meiktila

thanks - I'm going to try and use these ideas.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Patrol/Prosecution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI