Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does anyone know

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Does anyone know Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does anyone know - 8/31/2016 8:13:46 PM   
HansBolter

Which beta patch it was that michaelm changed the air transport reporting to provide a flash message only once for any given base sending out transport mission?

I used to get a flash report for each and every mission, now I get only one per base.

Very disconcerting. It forces me to go to the Ops report after the turn to verify that all the mission from a given base actually flew.

The old messages also listed how many planes from a squadron had flown the mission, which gave an indication of the ready status of the squadron.

I have to state that I prefer the old reporting to this new srreamlined version.

Hans

Post #: 1
RE: Does anyone know - 8/31/2016 8:31:05 PM   
Yaab

I had no messages at all in my tests involving flying supplies to a base with 100% damaged airfield. Pilots accrued missions, supplies got delivered (or dropped), but the message was missing. Very frustrating.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 2
RE: Does anyone know - 8/31/2016 9:36:08 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Which beta patch it was that michaelm changed the air transport reporting to provide a flash message only once for any given base sending out transport mission?

I used to get a flash report for each and every mission, now I get only one per base.

Very disconcerting. It forces me to go to the Ops report after the turn to verify that all the mission from a given base actually flew.

The old messages also listed how many planes from a squadron had flown the mission, which gave an indication of the ready status of the squadron.

I have to state that I prefer the old reporting to this new srreamlined version.

I only have this message show up in the replay when playing against the AI... I have to go into the operations report otherwise.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 3
RE: Does anyone know - 9/1/2016 3:23:57 PM   
Macclan5

Hmm Hans..

I am playing the vanilla electronic download game. Only updated / modified by using the Matrix interface.

During each turn accompanying the "red arrow line" I still get a "white lettered / black splash notification" i.e. 16 <<aircraft>> from Sqaudron <FG/1234XYZ> supply Pegu from Ledo... for example.

I get one notification per squadron.

Is this what you speak of ?? I read your post and noted it last evening... one per squadron. In my example of above Ledo still has 4 odd squadrons of RAF and 10 USAAF flying those supplies. Ergo 4 notifications albeit to 2 different bases.

< Message edited by Macclan5 -- 9/1/2016 3:25:39 PM >

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 4
RE: Does anyone know - 9/1/2016 7:10:31 PM   
HansBolter

I used to get the reporting you are seeing.

That's why I suspected michaelm had altered it in a beta.

I download and install the latest betas as he releases them.

Hans

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Does anyone know Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI