Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) flying at 40km.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) flying at 40km. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32)... - 11/29/2016 2:15:54 PM   
Scar79

How is that even happened?! It is a well known fact that SM-3 is only capable to intercept ballistic targets out of the atmosphere, at altitudes >=100km.

quote:

The SM-3 Interceptor
The interceptor used in the test was a Standard Missile 3 (SM-3) interceptor, which has a
lightweight exo-atmospheric projectile (LEAP) kill vehicle (also referred to as the kinetic
warhead (KW)) as its fourth stage.
The SM-3 interceptor is a modification of the Aegis Standard Missile and is being developed for
the NTW Block 1 system. The SM-3 interceptor differs from the SM-2 Block IV booster and
sustainer motor by the addition of a third-stage solid-fuel rocket motor (TSRM) and fourth stage
kinetic kill vehicle (see Figure 1).

The SM-3 interceptor reaches a speed of 3 km/s.3
The original goal for NTW Block 1 interceptor
was 4.5 km/s, but that was reportedly scaled back because modifying the Standard Missile to
reach that speed was too expensive. The lower speed means that the Block 1 system falls within
the low-speed agreement of the September 1997 Demarcation accords to the Anti-Ballistic
Missile Treaty.

The LEAP kill vehicle is designed to operate only at high altitudes where there is minimal
atmospheric density, and cannot attempt to intercept below about 100 kilometers altitude. It can
therefore only be used as part of a midcourse defense, and not for either boost or terminal
engagements.

http://carnegieendowment.org/pdf/npp/unionofconcernedscienctistpaper3-3-02.pdf

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 4/24/2017 7:17:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) fly... - 11/29/2016 2:41:45 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi

Could you please post a file demonstrating this?

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 2
RE: Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) fly... - 11/29/2016 3:33:33 PM   
Scar79

What type of file you need? Screenshot or *.scen?

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) fly... - 11/29/2016 4:10:11 PM   
Scar79

Here's the testing scenario. Just give the order to the group of Red Tu-22M-3M's to attack any ship of the Blue group and you will see.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 4
RE: Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) fly... - 11/29/2016 4:38:03 PM   
mikmykWS

Thanks. Issue is clear as day. Added to our list.

Mike

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Exoatmospheric SM-3 shot down the target(Kh-32) flying at 40km. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI