Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leaders random value

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leaders random value Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leaders random value - 3/28/2021 10:02:50 AM   
Elim

Hello folks.

As per manual:

11.3.1. LEADER RATING CHECK PROCEDURE

Each leader rating check is essentially the computer generating a Random(x) value where if the result is less than the leader rating then the check is passed, but if the result is greater than the rating, the check fails.

1. What is maximum/ minimum value for Random (X)?
2. How PC make it?
3. Which atributtes of leaders are important?

Regards,
Elim

< Message edited by Elim -- 3/28/2021 10:04:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Leaders random value - 3/28/2021 1:07:37 PM   
jlbhung

(a) According to 3.1 of the Manual, it is 0 to X-1

(b) I think the program uses a pseudo random number generator to do it. How to make the numbers generated approach random and the evaluation of different models involve mathematics that most people will not be interested in. You may search the subject on the internet if you want to dig further.

(c) In playing the 41 Campaign as Soviet, I usually select leaders with high Inf/Mech (depending on composition of your Army) with acceptable Morale (>=5). When playing as Axis, in the beginning I select leaders with high Inf/Mech (for Inf Corps/Pz Corps) with acceptable Ini and Adm (at least 5 if possible, as they are related to movement points). Later in the Game I will pay attention to the Morale rating. In STAVKA or OKH, I will select leaders with high Adm (8 or 9) first and then high morale. Just my practice for your reference.

(in reply to Elim)
Post #: 2
RE: Leaders random value - 3/29/2021 9:18:18 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elim

Hello folks.

As per manual:

11.3.1. LEADER RATING CHECK PROCEDURE

Each leader rating check is essentially the computer generating a Random(x) value where if the result is less than the leader rating then the check is passed, but if the result is greater than the rating, the check fails.

1. What is maximum/ minimum value for Random (X)?
2. How PC make it?
3. Which atributtes of leaders are important?

Regards,
Elim

First can I suggest you look at the Unofficial Manual which is much more up-to-date than the official one. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4529371

1. There is no max/min valus for (x). X deppends upon when, what and who is making the check. The updated manual uses the term Die(x) and an example of which can be found in section 11.3.2 Chain of command checks.

2. Die (x) simulates the roll of a die with an equal change to roll any number up to x. So if x=6 its a standard 6 sided die. The game uses random(x) function of the lagunage the game was written in to do so.

3. Reading the rest of section 11 will give you a better insight into hoe leaders work.

(in reply to Elim)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leaders random value Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI