Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gedunk Crusier

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Gedunk Crusier Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gedunk Crusier - 12/23/2016 1:51:43 PM   
bartrat

Gedunk Cruiser
Last paragraph -> https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htmoral/articles/20161223.aspx

Which ship is this in the game?
I need to know as a Japanese player it is vital I sink this important ship.

I already knew about the "reward" paid to destroyers or submarines by US Navy carriers for rescued flyboys [5 gal ice cream].

WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
Post #: 1
RE: Gedunk Crusier - 12/23/2016 2:54:24 PM   
AW1Steve

Probably not in the game. BTW the Soviets had their own "morale ship" during the cold war. It was a converted cruise liner that would visit soviet ships at overseas anchorages in places like Syria and Libya. USN analyst and patrol aircrew would come to name these floating bordellos "love boats". There were believed to be several.

(in reply to bartrat)
Post #: 2
RE: Gedunk Crusier - 12/23/2016 2:57:41 PM   
Anachro

This should be in the game and there should be a demoralizing effect any time an Allied player manages to lose it (let's say, 50,000 VPs). I request it in the next DBB update.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3
RE: Gedunk Crusier - 12/23/2016 11:24:17 PM   
Dirtnap86

In the US Army, those ships were identified by the BRL (Barge, Refrigerated, Large) prefix. The following is from Wikipedia.

Largest unit of the Army's fleet is a BRL, (Barge, Refrigerated, Large) which is going to the South Pacific to serve fresh frozen foods — even ice cream — to troops weary of dry rations. The vessel can keep 64 carloads of frozen meats and 500 tons of fresh produce indefinitely at 12°F. Equipment on board includes an ice machine of five-ton daily capacity and a freezer that turns out more than a gallon of ice cream a minute. Three of the floating warehouses, designed for tropical warfare, have been built of concrete at National City, Calif., and cost $1,120,000 each. In the crew of the 265-ft. barges are 23 Army men.

Not even a Navy boat.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Gedunk Crusier Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI