Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ARCS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ARCS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ARCS - 1/25/2017 9:05:02 AM   
gmtello

The option of show arcs does not appear. Also in the next window

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 10:01:52 AM   
gmtello

clicking in search sectors give you the chance to choice the radius but once you select there is no option to view what is selected and z does not work either. Thank u in advance

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by gmtello -- 1/25/2017 10:20:40 AM >

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 2
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 10:50:58 AM   
Trugrit

First Thing to do is open your main menu screen and see what version you are running.

It may not look exactly like mine as I'm running a Beta.

What version does yours say?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 3
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 1:09:35 PM   
geofflambert

What's that bottle of William's Lectric Shave doing at your workstation? You know that stubble can clog up your keyboard real fast.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 4
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 1:18:22 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

What's that bottle of William's Lectric Shave doing at your workstation? You know that stubble can clog up your keyboard real fast.

It's used for mouse lube....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 2:29:05 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

quote:

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 6
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 3:31:25 PM   
bradfordkay

Are we sure that he isn't playing WITP and not AE?

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 7
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 3:59:54 PM   
btd64

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture he posted. Trugrit asked about the game and version above....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 8
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 4:45:45 PM   
BBfanboy

We need to see the aircraft fatigue levels. You have your aircraft set at maximum range, which means the aircraft and pilots will be heavily fatigued and operational losses would be very high. You may have 0 serviceable aircraft or even 0 aircraft period in that squadron.

At the bottom of the air unit screen, left side, there is yellow hypertext "Aircraft" that opens the screen showing how heavily fatigued aircraft are. Anything over 10 should begin to make your concerned and over 20 should cause scaling back your operations to reduce fatigue. You can exceed those levels if it is an emergency because enemy ships have been detected but routine searches should be balanced with pilot and plane fatigue levels. BTW, the developers have confirmed that anything over 12 hexes search range becomes much less effective because of the width of the search arc beyond 12 hexes. One aircraft cannot effectively search a 10º search arc that is that wide.

Your photo of the screen indicates you do not know how to take a "screenshot" with your computer. Try this:

1. Get the thing you want to make a picture of in the centre of your screen.
2. On the upper row of your keyboard firmly press the button that says "Prt Scr" , once . Don't worry about the "Sys Req" also on that key. The image of your screen is now copied to your computer clipboard. Do NOT copy anything else to the clipboard until you have saved your Print Screen image.
3. Open your image editing program. If you don't have a stand-alone program, you can use Windows Paint.
4. Paste your image from the clipboard into your program using a right mouse click and selecting Paste, or using the keys Ctrl + V.
5. If there is stuff in your image that you don't want to post, use the program to crop the image/cover things with black paint or whatever.
6. When you are satisfied you have the image you want to show us, save it to a folder you can find again. You must save it as a .jpg or .gif format image.

7. Go to the forum and open a new post in the thread you are using. Type all the text that you want to go along with your image.
8. At the bottom of the posting box, check the box that says "Embed picture in post" , then click on the hypertext that says "Click here to upload!"
9. A new box will open. Find the text that says "Browse" and click on that.
10. Navigate to the folder on your computer where you saved the screenshot. Click on the file and choose "Open" . This selects the file for posting.
11. Keep clicking "OK" for the next three or four boxes to get back to the forum and make your post with the screenshot embedded. You will have to wait a few seconds when the file is being uploaded.
12. If the file turns out to be too big for the forum, you may have to go back to your screenshot and edit it with your picture editing software to get the quality or size down so that the forum can accept it. Save the edited image and try embedding it again.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 9
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 5:13:17 PM   
BillBrown

I think what is happening is that he has not updated his install and is using the basic 1079 install.
This is what a PA unit looks like in that install.

However, if you look at the bottom of his second picture you see that you can set search arcs.
right now it says search arc 0 to 0. So not arcs are set.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 1/25/2017 5:15:24 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: ARCS - 1/25/2017 11:46:19 PM   
dcpollay

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

quote:

I am NOT touching this one...

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 11
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 3:29:20 AM   
wdolson

It looks like AE to me. AE shows the moonlight percentage at the top of the screen. That was added with AE, I remember coding that.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 12
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 4:18:47 AM   
BillBrown

It is AE, but I believe that it is the first release, version 1079, and it has not had any patches applied to it.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 13
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 5:13:30 AM   
Chris21wen

What version of Windows are you using? Reason I ask is there's a much better way of inserting a picture using windows built in Snipping Tool.

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 14
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 8:20:55 AM   
Libertate

No-one else is going to comment about those glorious screen shots? That is AWESOME! I don't know how to screenshot either; and I can't say I'd have thought of that method. Bravo, good sir! Bravo!

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 15
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 12:07:53 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Libertate

No-one else is going to comment about those glorious screen shots? That is AWESOME! I don't know how to screenshot either; and I can't say I'd have thought of that method. Bravo, good sir! Bravo!

I was hoping for water colors!

(in reply to Libertate)
Post #: 16
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 2:32:24 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

What version of Windows are you using? Reason I ask is there's a much better way of inserting a picture using windows built in Snipping Tool.

What version of Windows has this tool and where do you find it?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 17
RE: ARCS - 1/26/2017 11:00:17 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

I thought no one would, then I saw your comment. Most Legendary screenshot I have seen in a loooong time. The OP is my hero (no offense intended, it goes without saying)!

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Libertate)
Post #: 18
RE: ARCS - 1/27/2017 6:54:03 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

What version of Windows has this tool and where do you find it?

A search should find it but it's here Windows\system32\SnippingTool.exe.

When it opens just click new, drag a box around what you want and save. You can even highlight in windows 10 (can't remember on 7 and 8) but you need a steady hand.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 19
RE: ARCS - 1/27/2017 7:03:04 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

In windows 10 you can also press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn.” Does exactly that and save it in pictures/screenshots. Prior to the windows Logo button it used to be done using the ctrl and/or shift keys.

(in reply to Libertate)
Post #: 20
RE: ARCS - 1/27/2017 11:22:21 AM   
gmtello

Thank u it was a patch problem. Thank u Also for the Photoshop lesson. Btw what means y es behind supply in the base info( have searched manual Not seen)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 21
RE: ARCS - 1/27/2017 11:53:38 AM   
Trugrit

Supply can be stock plied at a base.
If it says yes the base will not transfer any supply out of the base overland.

I also like your screenshot.
I think you have a great future in this game if you stick to it.
You think outside the box. In this case outside the computer.Good for you.

I use a free program called Greenshot for my screen captures.
It has a good editor.

K

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 22
RE: ARCS - 1/27/2017 3:51:09 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

Supply can be stock plied at a base.
If it says yes the base will not transfer any supply out of the base overland.

I also like your screenshot.
I think you have a great future in this game if you stick to it.
You think outside the box. In this case outside the computer.Good for you.

I use a free program called Greenshot for my screen captures.
It has a good editor.

K

I am not sure about that Trugrit - I remember discussion about stockpiling and I think Alfred chimed in to say supply would still go to units in the field, but stockpiling would stop supply flowing to other bases with higher draw (because of their size). He counselled careful use of stockpiling since too many bases doing it in the same area can mess up the AI supply flow management.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 23
RE: ARCS - 1/27/2017 5:39:41 PM   
Alpha77

Why not use for screenies:

Hit "print screen"

Alt-tab out of game

open pic editor (in my case Irfan Views)

Paste in ....and save

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 24
RE: ARCS - 1/28/2017 9:47:02 PM   
Libertate

Screenshots I can do now. Thank you forumites. This is a test to see if I can post them. If so, there should be a picture with this post.

EDIT: It worked! That is LCDR D.H. Fox. He disobeyed an order to return the Greenling directly to port for repairs, attacked an E-boat, and almost lost the sub with all hands. LCDR D.H. (Di*k Head) Fox, after overseeing emergency repairs has been transferred, for the duration of the war, to an old four-piper - patrolling the Bering Sea. Ernie King wouldn't allow me to put him on an APD doing supply runs to Nome.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Libertate -- 1/28/2017 9:55:10 PM >

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 25
RE: ARCS - 1/28/2017 9:48:47 PM   
witpqs

Success!

(in reply to Libertate)
Post #: 26
RE: ARCS - 1/28/2017 10:12:50 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

EDIT: It worked! That is LCDR D.H. Fox. He disobeyed an order to return the Greenling directly to port for repairs, attacked an E-boat, and almost lost the sub with all hands. LCDR D.H. (Di*k Head) Fox, after overseeing emergency repairs has been transferred, for the duration of the war, to an old four-piper - patrolling the Bering Sea. Ernie King wouldn't allow me to put him on an APD doing supply runs to Nome.

That'll teach him! That's the spirit King would be proud of you, no doubt: the small biography I read about him was hilarious.

(in reply to Libertate)
Post #: 27
RE: ARCS - 1/29/2017 12:58:37 AM   
Libertate

King could be a royal pain; and he could be hilarious. He once reamed out a subordinate for taking the initiative - I'll paraphrase: You did the right thing kid; don't do it again.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 28
RE: ARCS - 1/29/2017 9:48:42 AM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

King could be a royal pain; and he could be hilarious. He once reamed out a subordinate for taking the initiative - I'll paraphrase: You did the right thing kid; don't do it again.

During the war, he tried to physically assault some British officers (they had to contain him ROFL): Kubrick was not inventing anything

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Libertate)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ARCS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI