Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density - 1/21/2017 3:08:46 AM   
kevinkins

When designing a AAW patrol for the computer player, the sector has a defined area. Realizing this question is scenario, ROE, and posture dependent, what would be a standard concentration or number of a/c assigned to say a 30 by 30 mile box in the modern era of warfare? I am looking for a rule of thumb to apply to the computer side. This will feed back into the OOB for the computer side factoring in the 1/3 rule and all other factors. Another way to ask the question: what is the a/c density per unit area required to control a given airspace contested by superpowers in 2017?

Kevin
Post #: 1
RE: Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density - 1/21/2017 1:00:15 PM   
Kitchens Sink

I'm not sure there is a standard rule of thumb for this. I would say it is dependent on the aircraft AAW missile ranges for the assigned aircraft, and the perceived threat. A 30 x 30 nm area is pretty small if you are using AIM-120D's or PL-15 missiles.

For the computer side, I usually combine an AAW area with intercept mission(s) from the nearest base/carrier. The interceptors can respond quickly to threat changes, have variable distance setpoints for activation, and are independent on how many AAW Patrol aircraft are up at any given time.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
RE: Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density - 1/23/2017 1:19:32 AM   
kevinkins

Thanks. So if we expand that to 60 X 60 nm would you fill that with 4 a/c? More? I like the interceptor idea. Never though about having a/c on the ready independent of the 1/3 rule. I guess they can be spoofed into action. But that would take a very wily player.

Kevin

(in reply to Kitchens Sink)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Computer Player: A/C Mission Area Density Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI