Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to move units to alternate setup hexes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> How to move units to alternate setup hexes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/17/2017 8:01:00 PM   
Blond_Knight

I checked the manual and I don't understand how to move units to an alternate setup hex. For example in 'Tigers on their own'
I see the blue German setup hexes but I even if I click the name of a German unit I cant move/drag/right click/shift click it to
another hex. What am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/18/2017 1:00:35 AM   
genesismwt

It's not automatic that you can change the set up at start. The scenario has to be designed to allow the player to place units.

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 2
RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/18/2017 2:47:57 PM   
Blond_Knight

But why would alternate hexes be highlighted in blue if they weren't "allowed"? This is in "Tigers on their own" not an edited scenario.

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 3
RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/18/2017 3:39:22 PM   
UP844

They might be intended for the deployment of IA-only units: they cannot be used by a human player since his forces are deployed on the map. Try opening the scenario in the Editor and see if the German OOB also includes some AI-only units.

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

Post #: 4
RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/18/2017 3:45:03 PM   
Paullus

If the units are placed on map from the beginning you cannot move them to another hex. The blue hexes in Tigers on their Own are not for Human units, only for AI controlled units.
If you place the units by your own you can delete them from the map and replace them in another eligible hex. The scenario designer (me in all stock scenarios) decides if you should be able to do this or not. You can always open the scenario in the editor and change them to your own liking.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Post #: 5
RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/18/2017 5:07:54 PM   
Blond_Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

If the units are placed on map from the beginning you cannot move them to another hex. The blue hexes in Tigers on their Own are not for Human units, only for AI controlled units.
If you place the units by your own you can delete them from the map and replace them in another eligible hex. The scenario designer (me in all stock scenarios) decides if you should be able to do this or not. You can always open the scenario in the editor and change them to your own liking.

Ah OK. I wasn't aware there were friendly AI controlled units in that scenario. Thanks for that.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 6
RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? - 4/18/2017 8:55:36 PM   
Paullus

They are only in use when AI play that side. A sort of tweak to make the scenario harder for the Russian Human player

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> How to move units to alternate setup hexes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI