Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sensors auto-on?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Sensors auto-on? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sensors auto-on? - 12/20/2013 8:57:45 PM   
Shemar

Hello. I am just finding my way through this game but I have a question/problem. It seems as soon as any incoming missile is detected all of my ships in all of my formations turn every sensor they have (including active sonar) on! I have disabled auto-evasion on both the general game options and the formation's ROE (have not done so for individual units will try that next). Is there any way to prevent that?
Post #: 1
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/20/2013 9:10:56 PM   
Dimitris

Hi Ilias

Currently there is no way to prevent this, it's a hardwired "self-preservation" action.

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 2
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/20/2013 9:20:42 PM   
Shemar

Thanks for the immediate reply!

I would understand that for the targetted ship or even formation, but every ship in every formation? One missile flying and my entire force is advertising its position and composition to the enemy?

Are there any plans to address that? I am hoping the use of the word "Currently" means yes

I would love to be able to turn this behavior off!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/21/2013 6:40:12 AM   
Dimitris

You mean multiple groups, widely separated, activate their sensors? If yes this could be a bug. Please post a save of the situation, preferably before the activation happens. Thanks!

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 4
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/21/2013 11:26:32 AM   
thewood1

This was reported before. I have seen it also. Never checked how consistently it happened. Its a huge bug if it actually exists.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/21/2013 3:27:58 PM   
Shemar

I have the save while it is happening but...

After further experimentation I noticed that as soon as some of the missiles were shot down a group that was outside a certain arc stopped forcibly having their sensor on, while another group that was also not targetted any more but was at a tighter arc to oncoming missiles (that were all targetting a third group) still had sensors on. I do not want to mispreport a bug, is there any documentation on the conditions that it should be happening?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/21/2013 6:40:41 PM   
thewood1

I ahve not had it happen consistently, but I have seen groups hundreds of miles apart put radars on when vampire is called. I have been looking for it to happen agina so I can grab the save.

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 7
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/22/2013 4:59:14 AM   
pjb1

I have seen the same thing, don't have a save scen but it happened in the "give them hell" scenario under the 1.02 update. The supply ship convoy had incoming it is located in the Black sea it went full sensors which is ok, but the CVBG located in the eastern Med also went full sensors separation was a distance of 350NM. Have seen this happen a few time will try to reproduce and send save game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 12/24/2013 9:51:09 PM   
pjb1

Here are 2 saved games where I have the all sensors on problem found the scenario was "give them hell". First save is prior to incoming second is with incoming, note all TFs go to full sensors even though they are separated by over 500NM.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pjb1)
Post #: 9
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 1/2/2014 9:23:25 PM   
Agathosdaimon

Has this issue been fixed in the latest build yet? Just curious

(in reply to pjb1)
Post #: 10
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 1/2/2014 11:07:12 PM   
VilleYrjola

Just to add my two cents. I'm not sure if this would be realistic in any way, but it could be useful to he able to preselect ships for sensor duty incase of an inbound enemy contact. For example one or two ships put on their sensors a bit further away from the main formation and guide the other ships' (whose radars would remain dark) counter measures via datalinks.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 11
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 4/2/2017 8:06:40 PM   
mavfin

I hope I don't get picked on for necro-ing this thread, but this is the only one I found in the search that discussed this.

Why is it as soon as an inbound vampire is detected, my ship(s) turn on their active sonars?

I'd like to turn that off. Now if a torpedo is inbound, that's possibly different, but I don't see *any* reason to reveal myself to every submarine for miles around this way, because of an inbound vampire, especially one that's still too far out to shoot at.

I noticed it was said in 2014 that this was hardwired. Has this been changed at all? Sure, I guess I can keep emcon under attack...but that's not what's needed. I need to keep sonars off unless I ask for them to be, or there's torpedoes/mines in the water.

Is this possible now? You would hope with all the other cool stuff your AI can do...this has been fixed since 2014? I just don't see a way to do it in the current setup. If so, please enlighten me!

Thanks!

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 12
RE: Sensors auto-on? - 4/3/2017 12:43:37 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: mavfin

I hope I don't get picked on for necro-ing this thread, but this is the only one I found in the search that discussed this.

Why is it as soon as an inbound vampire is detected, my ship(s) turn on their active sonars?

I'd like to turn that off. Now if a torpedo is inbound, that's possibly different, but I don't see *any* reason to reveal myself to every submarine for miles around this way, because of an inbound vampire, especially one that's still too far out to shoot at.

I noticed it was said in 2014 that this was hardwired. Has this been changed at all? Sure, I guess I can keep emcon under attack...but that's not what's needed. I need to keep sonars off unless I ask for them to be, or there's torpedoes/mines in the water.

Is this possible now? You would hope with all the other cool stuff your AI can do...this has been fixed since 2014? I just don't see a way to do it in the current setup. If so, please enlighten me!

Thanks!

You can disable sensors going active when attacked in the standing orders. The reason all sensors go active is that if you're under attack it's generally believed that your position is now known to the enemy and there's no reason to keep your active sensors silent. This is not always true as some scenarios place hostile subs on a separate side to keep them from having omniscient data sharing with their air and skimming friends.

I usually disable the go-active-when-attacked because I like to fine tune my response. It may possible that the enemy has only seen part of a given group's units and going active with everyone unmasks those who hadn't been detected. I'll then activate appropriate sensors on given platforms.

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Sensors auto-on? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI