Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI buying units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI buying units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI buying units - 5/27/2001 11:37:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

Just played a random meeting engagement battle against AI, Nationalist China vs. Communist China 6/1937. I set points to 700 and gave 60 point troop quality for both. I designed nice flanking movement to encircle advancing enemy units (AI is always quite predictable when it's advancing). But when I got to the battlefield and started executing my plan, I was amazed...there was no enemy units anywhere, except couple of armored cars. Those were easily destroyed by a vickers 6 ton tank. Advancing to the rear revealed that only three mortars and HQ was there to 'defend' the last set of flags. That was it...three mortars and two armored cars for 700 points?!?! What's going on?? How could this happen?? Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--
Post #: 1
- 5/28/2001 8:28:00 AM   
victorhauser

Well it could happen if the AI got a low random number for battle points. It doesn't always choose an amount equal to Player1. Also if you have the game set to EASY, then the AI will get less points to spend. Etc.

VAH

(in reply to Colonel von Blitz)
Post #: 2
- 5/28/2001 1:08:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by victorhauser: Well it could happen if the AI got a low random number for battle points. It doesn't always choose an amount equal to Player1. Also if you have the game set to EASY, then the AI will get less points to spend. Etc.
If I have understood correctly, player 2 gets the amount defined in preferences. I set 700 points for BOTH... Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

(in reply to Colonel von Blitz)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI buying units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI