Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Halloween Horror 1991

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Halloween Horror 1991 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/17/2017 11:47:00 PM   
BeirutDude

Anyone like to play test this scenario? The Soviet Delta IV Class submarine K-84 is closing on the United States eastern seaboard and threatens independent nuclear launch (read the scenario description to understand how). Problem is a real hurricane (Hurricane Grace) and developing storm center (the Perfect Storm) are in the way of the searchers.

I've run it four times myself, won two rounds (once just 22 minutes before launch) and watched mushroom clouds grow along the eastern CONUS twice (one over my house ).

Hope you enjoy if you decide to play test it.

12/21/17 Minor update (to version 1.1) to tweak some of the events.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 12/22/2017 2:17:31 AM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/18/2017 3:06:41 PM   
AlexGGGG

First thing are you sure I can grant nuclear weapons, is it not an error?

Another thing, if you create an ASW patrol mission it will be set to WEAPONS FREE, regardless of what global doctrine says. I may have missed a part of a briefing, but you should probably want to put a big red note similar to your pause/save note to that effect in your briefing.

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 12/18/2017 3:14:40 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/18/2017 3:14:46 PM   
BeirutDude

Hmmmmm! I thought I set it up were you could, toggle it on. Let me check when I get home. Honestly, I didn't try enabling nukes in my play testing as I'm an anti-nuke guy myself, but wanted to give those more willing to cross the threshold the option.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 3
RE: Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/18/2017 3:18:30 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

Another thing, if you create an ASW patrol mission it will be set to WEAPONS FREE, regardless of what global doctrine says. I may have missed a part of a briefing, but you should probably want to put a big red note similar to your pause/save note to that effect in your briefing.

Yeah, I can't figure that one out. I set the side to weapons tight on all four categories in the editor and yet when a mission is started the ASW is coming up weapons free. That happened in the last scenario I designed as well. I'm wondering if something is set wrong in some window on my editor/system. Sometimes it seems like things can be toggled on in too many places.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/18/2017 5:06:21 PM   
AlexGGGG

I believe the ASW mission behavior is by design. Sometimes it takes too long to identify the subsurface contact, and it is probably practical, at least in AI side of the game, just to shoot at it while not bothering to ID it. You just need to go to each new ASW mission and reset the doctrine for it. If you want inherited subsurface ROE, use Sea Control Patrol mission, not ASW patrol. This will however go chasing ships, but SeaCon does not override the subsurface ROE.

There may be quite a few of these actually. I recall CAP (AAW patrol mission type) will have radars ON in EMCON regardless of global EMCON.

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 12/18/2017 5:49:39 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/18/2017 9:33:18 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

I believe the ASW mission behavior is by design. Sometimes it takes too long to identify the subsurface contact, and it is probably practical, at least in AI side of the game, just to shoot at it while not bothering to ID it. You just need to go to each new ASW mission and reset the doctrine for it. If you want inherited subsurface ROE, use Sea Control Patrol mission, not ASW patrol. This will however go chasing ships, but SeaCon does not override the subsurface ROE.

There may be quite a few of these actually. I recall CAP (AAW patrol mission type) will have radars ON in EMCON regardless of global EMCON.

Yeah not sure, I'm going to have to try with someone else's scenario. I don't recall them defaulting to weapons free but I could be wrong.

On the Nukes I just started the scenario and released nukes to the American units with no problem.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 6
RE: Halloween Horror 1991 - 12/22/2017 2:18:45 AM   
BeirutDude

Just made a minor tweak, updated above.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Halloween Horror 1991 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI