Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/28/2018 4:03:41 PM   
hellfish6

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Falklands scenario, or know of one in the works? I've perused several of them, and they're of varying quality and size and scale. I'm ideally looking for something that covers the entire campaign from the British naval task force perspective.

Post #: 1
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/29/2018 11:41:31 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

I think there is a comprehensive Falklands scenario in the CSP, but i'm not sure.

I would recommend the two that I have played, they are in the CSP:

Malvinas-The Pincer, 1982. This is playable from ether side and presents the historical tactical situation of the Argentinian Navy dividing in two and moving around the Exclusion Zone.

Between Ascension and San Carlos-The Carrier Duel. This is a hypothetical engagement in the Falklands war, of HMS Invincible engaging the Argentinian fleet in an effort to protect replenishment ships coming down from the UK.

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 2
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/30/2018 12:27:26 PM   
Andrea G

I have played "Between Ascension and San Carlos" and enjoyed it a lot.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 3
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/30/2018 10:00:09 PM   
mikkey

hellfish6, good Falkland scenario is also apache85's "Good Morning Malvinas" (it is also in Community Scenario Pack)

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 4
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/30/2018 10:40:04 PM   
hellfish6

Cool, thanks guys. I hadn't seen most of them. Need to update my CSP, I guess.

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 5
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/30/2018 11:03:51 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

Cool, thanks guys. I hadn't seen most of them. Need to update my CSP, I guess.

Yes, you must try to keep the CSP updated. Not just for new scenarios, but sometimes the existing scenarios are updated as well.

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 6
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/31/2018 7:25:05 AM   
Rory Noonan

Hi hellfish6,

Good Morning Malvinas doesn’t cover the whole campaign but does cover the start of the real action around East Falkland. i’ve taken care to have accurate OOB, locations, taskings and weather for that date. I had tested a longer ‘Conplete Falklands’ scenario but the pacing was just too slow for it to be much fun for the average player.

If there’s enough interest I’d be happy to revisit the idea of making a longer Falklands scenario that spanned a week or more.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 7
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 1/31/2018 1:55:40 PM   
hellfish6

Hi Apache,

I'd be interested, should you have the time. I gave Good Morning Malvinas a go and I really liked it - definitely helped scratch the itch.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 8
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 2/18/2018 8:20:32 PM   
giantsquid

So pleased to see my Falkland scenario Between Ascension and San Carlos-The Carrier Duel cited two times. It's my second scenario created (first one was a smaller version of it without carriers). It looks like I did most thinks right.

There is an interesting pre-Falkland war scenario called Operation Journeyman too

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 9
RE: Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? - 2/19/2018 3:28:38 PM   
KungPao

Good Morning Malvinas +1

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

(in reply to giantsquid)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Best (for lack of a better word) Falklands scenario? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI