Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spying & Intel research

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Spying & Intel research Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spying & Intel research - 7/6/2018 8:28:50 PM   
jjdenver

Hi,

I want to make sure I understand how spying & intel research works. Playing as Axis - does it make sense to only invest in S&I with Germany since only the country with highest level on axis side will be used when determining chance for breakthroughs compared to highest allied country S&I? Or is there some other subtlety? I understand that there is some reason to invest with Italy since they may get lucky and advance faster however having enough MPP's is always a big problem for IT so I'd prefer to just invest with Germany if it's correct that investing with IT has only marginal utility - i.e. only when IT manages to advance faster than Germany does on S&I level.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Spying & Intel research - 7/7/2018 6:17:32 AM   
Sugar

Since any chit adds a chance for a breakthrough, it's best to buy them asap, allthough you're right in principle.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: Spying & Intel research - 7/7/2018 2:23:51 PM   
jjdenver

So you buy them for Italy also? And Finland if playing Fall Weiss?

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 3
RE: Spying & Intel research - 7/7/2018 3:39:03 PM   
Taxman66

Some do, some don't.

There's a longer discussion of how they work on the 2nd or 3rd page of this forum. I'd post a link, but am using my phone now.

In short S&I only helps a specific country if their level is higher than all their opponents' levels. If it is then your base +% increases by the difference (usually only 1), and your breakthrough chance increases by the same amount (5% would become 6% for single chit and 10 to 11% for double chit Techs.

If a country is equal or behind to any opponent there is no benefit (or penalty).

The point of investing with Italy, Russia and the US is to increase the chance that you or your ally will get a breakthrough in S&I itself to get ahead (or catch up if behind)

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Spying & Intel research Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI