Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

some mapping question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> some mapping question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
some mapping question - 6/17/2003 1:56:41 AM   
Jamminji

Hi everyone...

I am trying to find a good advance delay map to use in a generated PBEM game. I found a nice map in the "agony" something or other senario. It is one of the first ones after the tutorials. I liked it because it says it can be played 2 player PBEM. I opend the map in the senario editor and saved it to a map slot. My problem is that it does not seem to "work" when I set up a generated battle and use it as a custom map. When I set up the armies they do not go into the correct side or they have the wrong number of forces (ie more advance less defend forces... they show as more defend less advance) I tried going back to the editor and switching the side, but that did not really help. I really like the VH when I set it to custom "as designed" but is seems that "as designed" may be the problem. I would also like to be able to not be just germans/russians but us/germany, germany/us etc. How can I make this map work for a generated battle? I am somewhat of a newbie trying this stuff so if needed please give me a step by step. I am good at following instructions...hehe

Also on a second note; how high is a hill 30 in feet? 30 feet seems a bit small the biggest hill in the game. I assume that a 10 hill is half the size of a 20 hill etc... true?

jam
Post #: 1
- 6/18/2003 7:16:32 PM   
Warrior

First set up your initial scenario with location, dates, weather, length, etc. No need for countries or troops yet. Save it.

Now load the map you want to use. Resave the scenario. Exit the editor then reopen the editor and reopen the scenario. Now edit your map and save it to a new slot. Then save the scenario again. Your changes should stick.

BTW, any map can be used for PBEM, it just depends on what terrain features you like. The map itself doesn't make a difference.

Also, an elevation 30 hill is supposed to be 30 meters.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> some mapping question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI