Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/18/2019 10:25:17 AM   
JoonasTo

There were no issues in 1.0.1. Since 1.0.4 we can only play one turn and the second battle will always disconnect mid-combat. At first we thought just some unlucky connection issues that the game is bad at handling but now it is 100% systematic. Every time the second turn will crash for us in the middle of combat with the disconnection message.

So we load our grand campaign, click next to decide the engagement timing, choose our force and fight the battle for the first turn. This always works.
Then we click next to decide the timing of the engagement, choose our forces and launch battle for the second turn. This never finishes. The host gets the “other player has disconnected” while the other just gets an unresponsive game. The internet connection for both is fine, we are on teamspeak(hosted on the host’s computer) and there are no issues for voip.

The campaign save is from 1.0.1 and host is playing the axis if that matters. Obviously we are not keen on restarting since we are closer to 30 hours in at this point...
Post #: 1
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/18/2019 2:57:24 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Unfortunately it may be an issue with the save being corrupted. Can you please try starting a new campaign to see if the issue persists with a clean start.

Are you using a direct connection to play?

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to JoonasTo)
Post #: 2
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/19/2019 9:24:53 AM   
JoonasTo

We will consider trying a new campaign but our time to play vs each other is limited. It might take some time.

How would we check if we are using direct connection? Is there a step by step manual somewhere? Preferably with screencaptures.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/19/2019 2:55:51 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

When running the latest version you should see a Direct Connection message on the MP setup lobby screen once connected to each other. The details for setting up your router are in the patchnotes.rtf file in the install folder, but I will duplicate them here for convenience. You will need to refer to your router documentation for specific details (Google may well be able to help as there are a number of sites which explain port opening for various routers).

You might also want to add a ME.TXT file to your Documents/My Games/CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst folder with your username in it as a string. This will get printed into the error log and will allow us to connect any received logs to your issue. This is of course entirely optional.

Cheers

Pip

MULTIPLAYER DIRECT CONNECTION
If you experience significant lag while playing a multi-player game you may be able to improve this by setting up a direct connection between the host computer and the client computer. To enable a direct connection, the hosting player must configure their router and firewall to allow incoming connections on TCP port 1944 and, if necessary, make sure connections on port 1944 are forwarded to the correct computer on their local area network.

(in reply to JoonasTo)
Post #: 4
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/19/2019 6:18:22 PM   
JoonasTo

We were able to get a quick multiplayer test for the direct connection.

I was the host. I opened and forwarded the port 1944. No direct connection option anywhere nor any such message anywhere after connecting. I tried turning on DMZ to my computer and disabling the firewall completely(from the router as well,) no such luck. So either it doesn't tell it's working or it's not working. Either way, impossible to tell.

We will probably play on the weekend so I can report if the new patch made any difference.

Post #: 5
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/19/2019 7:17:55 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

It is not a separate option, it should just show on the main campaign screen when setting up a game (and after the other player has joined). I will double check at this end that the display is working as it should. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to JoonasTo)
Post #: 6
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/20/2019 1:07:10 PM   
JoonasTo

By main campaign screen where exactly on the screen? That is very vague and not very specific. I assume in the top left corner where the messages about the status of the other player and chat are displayed?

Also at what point exactly? When the other player has joined and the settings can still be changed? After both have clicked play?

Or is it just a message that runs in the popup in the middle of the screen that just flashes by?

This is why pictures would be most welcome.

Post #: 7
RE: Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign - 11/20/2019 3:05:21 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

In MP if you hit Host then you will be taken to the game settings screen. As soon as the other player joins your game the "Direct Connection" text will appear as part of the screen title if you are directly connected.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to JoonasTo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Disconnection bug in multiplayer grand campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI