Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual - 4/15/2020 9:53:00 PM   
LoBlo

I'm thinking that I'm not alone, when I believe that the most difficult part of CMO and CMANO is appreciating the numerous munitions available to any strike planning. Deciding what munitions would be most effective for any given target takes a lot of time, and often requires me to restart a scenario completely after finding that all the work and effort made to get to a target resulted in an ineffective strike because the munitions were not the correct one to choose.

I was surprised to see that its not a problem unique to CMO and that real life pilots have formal references on most effective munitions whenever a strike is planned and reference a database called JMEM (Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual).

Listen to this interesting podcast with a naval pilot. 13:50 is where the pilot starts to describe real-world strike planning. Its very informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buB8eUOgikk&list=WL&index=4&t=1793s

Do you think that CMO can build in a type of JMEM that we can reference for the player? It would be best in a seperate drop down, where the target is inputted and weapons that are qualified to attack it desplayed as an output, with some filters available for country of original, etc.

Ben
Post #: 1
RE: Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual - 4/16/2020 12:52:46 AM   
Primarchx

That's an interesting idea. I like the idea of some sort of munitions wizard that allows players to dial in targets and typical effects of successful hits with a given weapon.

(in reply to LoBlo)
Post #: 2
RE: Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual - 4/16/2020 2:55:10 AM   
ExNusquam

The real fun stuff is the HDBT tool - Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment/Underground Targets Assessment System (IMEA/UTAS). Way outside the realm of what pilots would touch, but at higher levels it's fun to think about: https://www.ara.com/projects/dtra%E2%80%99s-imeautas-predicts-weapons-effects-and-wmd-target-response

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI