Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/9/2020 4:48:10 AM   
Majorball68

This new bug I have not previously seen before has crept into the game in the later hot fixes. Have been working around it for a while but time to report it. Oil that has previously been lent to a country keeps getting lent even when the the trade is cancelled. The same happens with non oil resources lent. The example attached is with Vichy but is the same with other countries. The lending player still gets full use of the oil as well so it is a double bonus bug. The only way to stop the trade is for the player that originally lent the oil to clear the default settings. Will post screenshots and can post a save if needed but it is a problem on any game file.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Majorball68 -- 5/9/2020 4:51:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/9/2020 4:48:58 AM   
Majorball68

Germany has no current trades with Vichy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 2
RE: Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/9/2020 4:49:52 AM   
Majorball68

Only way to stop the trade is for Germany to cancel the default setting to save oil in Vichy.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/9/2020 4:52:36 AM   
Majorball68

The file.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/29/2020 1:16:02 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

This oil that is under German control comes from Iraq. At the start of the war, Syria is controlled by France and the oil is sent to France as part of a mandatory trade agreement.

When Vichy is declared, and assuming Syria goes Vichy, the oil is controlled by the Axis. There is a specific line of text in the rules about this - I checked it out recently, you can do the same.

As a default, the program sends the oil to Vichy (the city), which is under Vichy control. However, as you noted, Germany can eliminate the Default setting for what happens to the oil, and send it to Germany for production (or to save if that option is being used).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 5
RE: Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/29/2020 10:17:57 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

This oil that is under German control comes from Iraq. At the start of the war, Syria is controlled by France and the oil is sent to France as part of a mandatory trade agreement.

When Vichy is declared, and assuming Syria goes Vichy, the oil is controlled by the Axis. There is a specific line of text in the rules about this - I checked it out recently, you can do the same.

As a default, the program sends the oil to Vichy (the city), which is under Vichy control. However, as you noted, Germany can eliminate the Default setting for what happens to the oil, and send it to Germany for production (or to save if that option is being used).

Actually I have recently experienced a problem with the Iraq oil as well, we abandoned the game due to a CVP problem so I never reported it.

Attached save is from Axis computer at Resource Lending M/J 41 Iraq oil was saved during EOT M/A 41 to Prague, at the roll over to the new turn the Oil counter appears as a Free French Unit in an Axis controlled hex, the result was to block GE use of the Prague factories, I don't know if FF could use the oil for Reorg.

This happened in every city the Iraq oil was saved to and could only be avoided by sending the oil to Production.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 6
RE: Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 - 5/29/2020 10:19:15 AM   
ssiviour

picture

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Oil Lending bug 3.1.0.3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI