Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM setup allows for spying

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> PBEM setup allows for spying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM setup allows for spying - 6/7/2020 8:38:26 AM   
DTurtle

Not really a bug, but it is something that I think should be changed relatively quickly.

When starting a new PBEM, the sequence is like this:
Player 1 creates the new world and starts the game.
Player 1 sets password. Player 1 enters the password. Player 1 sets up his empire. Player 1 plays the turn and hits end turn. Player 1 hits save and quit. Player 1 sends the save game to Player 2.

Player 2 loads the game.
Player 2 sets password. Player 2 enters the password. Player 2 sets up his empire. Player 2 plays the turn and hits end turn. Player 2 hits save and quit. Player 2 sends the save game to Player 1.

Player 1 loads the game. Player 1 enters the password and plays his turn, etc.

The problem is that in the very first turn, there is no password set yet for any other player. This lets the player look at the starting position, initial model rolls, etc. of all players that come after them (Player 1 can look at Player 2-4, Player 2 at Player 3 & 4, Player 3 at Player 4).

To fix this, the sequence should be:
Player 1 creates the new world and starts the game.
Player 1 sets password. Player 1 enters the password (to ensure password was set correctly). Player 1 hits save and quit. Player 1 sends the save game to Player 2.

Player 2 sets password. Player 2 enters the password (to ensure password was set correctly). Player 2 hits save and quit. Player 2 sends the save game to Player 1.

Player 1 loads the game. Player 1 enters the password. Player 1 sets up his empire. Player 1 plays the turn and hits end turn. Player 1 hits save and quit. Sends the save to Player 2, etc.

This way no player has the opportunity to look at the starting position, etc. of other players.
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM setup allows for spying - 6/7/2020 9:43:27 AM   
Vic

Well your right, but it would also add a boring first round with just setting passwords.

I'll see what I can do. I do have an idea here.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM setup allows for spying - 6/7/2020 10:19:10 AM   
Vic

In fact this is more complicated than i thought to solve without your suggested method. Will need some more time here.

Did bring into action the possible cheat messages for replaying turns.

Best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 6/7/2020 10:25:37 AM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM setup allows for spying - 6/7/2020 1:34:51 PM   
DTurtle

Thanks for looking into it.

And yeah, replaying turns is another whole can of worms.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> PBEM setup allows for spying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI