Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Applied Research

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Applied Research Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Applied Research - 6/10/2020 5:51:18 PM   
t1it

I've noticed AI invest heavily in this field, having multiple research of all kinds in the 50's points by the mid game. I've also noticed how little motorized/mechanized infantry they have on the field..so this got me wondering am I playing inefficient by basically paying lip service to applied research (5% of the budget) and focusing on unlocking high end tech or is it the AI that is sub par in it's research goals? Just wondering what people think.
Post #: 1
RE: Applied Research - 6/10/2020 5:56:56 PM   
Laiders

quote:

ORIGINAL: t1it

I've noticed AI invest heavily in this field, having multiple research of all kinds in the 50's points by the mid game. I've also noticed how little motorized/mechanized infantry they have on the field..so this got me wondering am I playing inefficient by basically paying lip service to applied research (5% of the budget) and focusing on unlocking high end tech or is it the AI that is sub par in it's research goals? Just wondering what people think.

Kinda hard to say. How well are you keeping your own mech forces supplied with precious, precious oil? Are you smashing the AI in the field or not? Etc.

Obviously if you are on a resource rich planet and have the resources to swiftly deploy the latest breakthroughs it is better to pursue them. If not, then it might be better to refine what you have using applied research.

My own approach, though I have only played into the mid-game so far, is to evenly distribute BP between organisations by mid-game and focus on increasing BP production rather than managing organisation sliders. Especially as adjusting those too often comes with a steep penalty.

(in reply to t1it)
Post #: 2
RE: Applied Research - 6/10/2020 6:06:15 PM   
t1it

Well I'm winning in my game and easily smashing the AI armies that are still on automatic rifles and advanced combat armor with few tanks. It may be so they don't have the Resources. In the stats, they outnumber me 2-5 times in infantry but I outnumber them in tanks (only have 1 light tank brigade but several mechanized brigades so I guess that is slotted in here as well). Seems though the largest AI does field allot more vehicles so see how it goes.

(in reply to Laiders)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Applied Research Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI