Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EPIC settings and resources

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> EPIC settings and resources Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 8:05:12 AM   
FlashXAron_slith

... as I always hate, when every turn new techs pop up and you even haven't build the old ones.

So I started my games here always with EPIC , but the problem is ALWAYS only have managed to research normal 1 - 2 techs , after ALL resources are already depleted ! Not counting the techs , which have been found rnd ...

So shouldn't the resources been adapted adequate to the settings ?

Don't know how much more research points are needed to research a tech ...
but how much resources could be found should be adapted , so if you find an oil well normal with 10000t it should be multiplicated with the needed tech !

Thanks ...

< Message edited by FlashXAron_slith -- 6/10/2020 8:13:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 8:52:23 AM   
diamondspider

Just put less into discovery and more into research?

(in reply to FlashXAron_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 10:18:43 AM   
FlashXAron_slith

LOL first you have to discover one, that you could research it ..
I even exchange the distribution of BP , when it is needed ...
I think you need some 2500 BP to have a chance to DISCOVER a random one and that is also a problem !
... to produce your own resources, you only SHOULD change the first field , when you have discovered the essential ones , after that you research the 3 best and than you could change to a new field ...
in that field you have once again to DISCOVER the one you need, so random is a key factor here, even when you know what you are doing !

< Message edited by FlashXAron_slith -- 6/10/2020 10:19:34 AM >

(in reply to diamondspider)
Post #: 3
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 12:10:21 PM   
GodwinW

I also generally dislike tech become obsolete before having a chance to really use it. Planning to play epic duration games. Could well be that resources need to scale more and that they're too scarce for such long-duration games. I have no experience with this myself but you may be one of the very few who've played very slow settings enough.

Post #: 4
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 12:36:48 PM   
FlashXAron_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: GodwinW

I also generally dislike tech become obsolete before having a chance to really use it. Planning to play epic duration games. Could well be that resources need to scale more and that they're too scarce for such long-duration games. I have no experience with this myself but you may be one of the very few who've played very slow settings enough.

Now I tried it with SLOW setting, there it was no problem, but of course after 3 failed tries with EPIC I know, how to get that techs faster. Only building the needed councils and pushing BP points up ...
and was lucky to get POWER PLANTS as one as the first ...

but still a long way to the plants to produce metal without resource and I need that other councils !

Even I see in this game some light , but it is only SLOW and not EPIC
and it depends for sure , what planet you get. As I also only took a planet now with > 30% MINERS , as I expect that there has to be more resources, which seems so ...

so it depends also which planet you will get ... maybe EPIC is possible with a MINING planet ...

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 5
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 2:12:33 PM   
KingHalford

It seems reasonable that the Epic speed would require some adjustment in resources and other systems. I think most other 4X games do that, usually by extending research costs to cover the increased size of a very large map (to take one example I know).

The problem with Shadow Empire is that it's really damn hard to test whether something is working one way or another, because every planet is so different! You could probably play 8 planets and think "ok this is no problem" and then play a ninth and suddenly you hit the issue again.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

Post #: 6
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 4:57:51 PM   
LuciusSulla

Another thing that might need scaling is the effect of Volunteerism. i.e. getting militia battalion/regiment/division between different turn numbers

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 7
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 5:03:08 PM   
ramnblam

I've been playing Epic and the resource situation can be difficult, I haven't made it far enough in to see if it is broken or not. Metal always seems to be a problem but I think the game is designed around it, otherwise you could just spam endless cities.

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 8
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 6:25:04 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramnblam

I've been playing Epic and the resource situation can be difficult, I haven't made it far enough in to see if it is broken or not. Metal always seems to be a problem but I think the game is designed around it, otherwise you could just spam endless cities.

Well that means than population its not adjusted for that game speed, since the population growth should be slower and the construction of new assets should take longer and so on.

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 9
RE: EPIC settings and resources - 6/10/2020 7:02:14 PM   
ramnblam

The manual says the only thing that changes with the epic rule is discover/research/operationalize/develop. So AFAIK construction/popgrowth etc is unaffected.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> EPIC settings and resources Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI